Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch.
Quote | Reply
The really good news is that I'll make twice my current salary plus some pretty generous incentive packages AND I'll get 6 months severance from my current gig.

How much does a P3C cost??? I better spend it before my wife does. I called her with the news as she was on her way out the door to buy shoes. She was planning on going to Macys but now shes going to some designer place. Shoulda kept my mouth shut.

The really good news is that this new firm does a lot of work with a pro cycling team.....can you say freebies?

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats bro. Nice to hear you getting a good "break" this time.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bad news is I know I could have got more, I'm pretty sure I lowballed him when he asked me for a salary range....he didn't flinch when I gave him a figure and I knew right away I shoulda tacked on more $$$ so I made sure to let him know about the incredibly generous incentives I currently get and that salary is only part of the equation. That made him spice the pot a bit more, but I still shoulda shot for the moon and the stars.

I think I'll get drunk tonight.

I'm gonna hand in my notice, take the rest of the year off, work on the house, and start the new gig in January...they want me to come in a day a week to learn the ropes so I can hit the ground jogging which isn't a problem and I'll be recompensed.

We will have a Christmas after all Tiny Tim :-)

Even more bad news is that I'll actually have work to do every day insted of goofing off on Slowtwitch for 8 hours.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Nov 3, 05 15:57
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! That is outstanding. Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent news - Congratulations!

No more 10am - 2pm bike rides though huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My biggest regret is that I've been injured most of the last 4 months when my current job has been winding down. I've had a lot of spare time on my hands and all I've done is fight with people in the Lavendar Room and get fat....now that I'm healthy again some jerk offers me a job and wants me to go into an office every day...WHASSUP WITH THAT????

Now my wife tells me she wants to quit her job and raise kids. back to square #1....hold the P3C order Gerard!

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Even more bad news is that I'll actually have work to do every day insted of goofing off on Slowtwitch for 8 hours."

No problem, we're just a bunch of brain-dead malcontents who love to argue. Take the money and run. I'll be looking for a new P3C out on the roads next spring...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great news, Matt. But you may have to vote Republican to get some tax breaks.
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True story.

A friend of mine used his Bush tax break to buy a new BMW 3 series. Very nice car. 3 months after he drove it off the lot he hit a pothole on the freeway and completely messed up his front end, the car needed about $11,000 of repairs.

Turns out that stretch freeway had been scheduled to be repaired but wasn't because of federal cutbacks....so some tax break aren't really tax breaks at all.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You made that shit up home boy. Glad you are back to paying your way in society as I grew tired of the prospect of having to carry your welfare ass.
Last edited by: Al P Duez: Nov 3, 05 19:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3-Series.. Pussy car.

Real BMWs start with the 5-series, manual.

Bring it on. And BTW, what Al P Duez posted. Congrats just the same.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now my wife tells me she wants to quit her job and raise kids.

My wife did this. It cost us financially. It was the best decision we ever made. Support her decision to do this ... you will not regret it. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My biggest regret is that I've been injured most of the last 4 months when my current job has been winding down. I've had a lot of spare time on my hands and all I've done is fight with people in the Lavendar Room and get fat....

You're more like me than you know- I ran a whopping 1.5 miles last night the most I have run in the last 16 months.

Congrats on the Job, sounds like with $$$ your making you'll really enjoy those George Bush tax cuts.

I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to go. Now you can move up from Trader Joes to some real snobby wine shops.

Quote | Reply
Wow, that didn't take long. Congrats! I've been job hunting in SF for 6 months. Starting to get frustrated........kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No problem, we're just a bunch of brain-dead malcontents who love to argue."

Who likes to Argue. I dont know anyone here who argues. Do you have proof of this or a link?
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Who likes to Argue. I dont know anyone here who argues. Do you have proof of this or a link? "

Oh the irony...

That shit was funny...and THEN I noticed the irony...smacked me right in the chops...
Quote Reply
Re: Need to change my tag line....just got a job offer at lunch. [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Who likes to Argue."

You do, you silly son of an English k-nig-ht. Wanna challenge that? I fffffaaaart in your general direction. Post some facts to prove I'm wrong or I shall taunt you yet again.

Quote Reply