Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't know the overriding feeling the black community has toward homosexuality, you are living under a rock.
Quote Reply
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
If you don't know the overriding feeling the black community has toward homosexuality, you are living under a rock.

What I know is that BLM said they wanted Police removed from the parade. Because of their support for black gay people.

And this year they continue to show how much they care by not bothering to join the parade.

As for what you are talking about, it doesn't matter in regards to the BS the BLM has said in this case.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:

What I know is that BLM said they wanted Police removed from the parade. Because of their support for black gay people.

And this year they continue to show how much they care by not bothering to join the parade.

As for what you are talking about, it doesn't matter in regards to the BS the BLM has said in this case.

I think it just shows what a clusterfuck of a movement BLM is.

So, BLM isn't marching and neither are the police? (Or fire fighters and paramedics, in solidarity, apparently).

Way to go BLM.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
My sister in law a) lives in Toronto is b) gay and is c) married to a black woman. Her facebook rant was bewildering. I'm not sure if she was disgusted, apprehensive, or simply confused.

congrats on getting out of family events!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Way to go BLM.

i do believe you are now racist for not supporting BLM, regardless of the accuracy or validity of their position.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Way to go BLM.

i do believe you are now racist for not supporting BLM, regardless of the accuracy or validity of their position.

I was actually called a racist at the dog park the other day for saying "what a crock of shit" to some white guy talking about his white privilege. Wish I could say I was joking. I can't remember what triggered it but somewhere along the line I just decided to speak up whenever I hear this SJW nonsense.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Serious question ... Is police brutality a thing in Canada? I understand we have some issues here and maybe I'm missing the stories but it doesn't seem like your cops are doing anything protest worthy
Quote Reply
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not a serious concern here at all, at least not in BC. There are odd instances, and we do the whole "blue shield" thing to deal with whenever a cop is in trouble (for example, our local police chief has been in shit for tweeting sexually inappropriate things to the wife of one of his subordinate officers. Internal investigation was a complete joke.)

Toronto has a much higher population of black people, so maybe it's more prevalent there? I don't seem to think so though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about brutality but we have the same issues of Police with itchy trigger fingers sometimes.

One Toronto Police officer was found guilty of attempted murder I believe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don't know about brutality but we have the same issues of Police with itchy trigger fingers sometimes.

So the cop was found guilty i.e. nothing to protest?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You know that's not how SJW protests work, right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You know that's not how SJW protests work, right?

I know I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Well there was much in the way of protesting prior to his trial. No riots though.

Another Toronto cop was not charged after he shot a black man. Black man had a hammer and walked toward the cop arms raised cop told him repeatedly to drop the hammer. BLM calls it a murder, of course. There's an inquest into the events surrounding that shooting happening right now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gay Jews are offensive too at a "more inclusive, more social justice-oriented" march
http://www.newsweek.com/...hicago-parade-628879
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently Jews aren't allowed to be gay in Chicago.
http://www.foxnews.com/...gay-pride-march.html

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best part isn't even mentioned.

---

You mean like the article in the OP mentioned that one of their demands is to necessitate “a commitment to more black deaf & hearing ASL interpreters.” See, this was a Canadian event and Canadian Sign Language (CSL) is different than American Sign Language (ASL). They have minimal clues as to what they are asking.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like BLM showed up anyways, despite not registering, near the end of the parade.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably a fee for registering, can't have that.
Quote Reply
Re: Black lives matter vs. Gay cops vs. Pride [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Probably a fee for registering, can't have that.

Bullies tend to think rules don't apply to them. When people capitulate to them, it reinforces their belief.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm going to push back on the idea that BLM are 'leftist.' i think superficially their demographics are similar to the classic 'left': disproportionately urban, over-educated, ethnic minorities.

but i think if you dig deeper and look at them on policy and principle, they're not. for instance, BLM seem not to care a bit about things like organized labour.

on issues like free speech, lots of today's 'campus activist' types are much closer to reagan republicans than traditional liberalism: there seems to be a desire for some sort of central control over dangerous ideas and protection from offensive ones. i think block 'controversial' speakers from appearing on campus is a pretty good parallel for the debate over flag burning.

similarly there's a philosophical emphasis on idealogical purity that's much more 'moral majority' or bush-era evangelical than it is traditionally big-tent liberal.

i've said before, i think, that my main argument with BLM's protest at pride last year was that it was fundamentally illiberal. i'd just generally live in a world with more speech rather than less, and don't trust very many people with the power to shut speech down, bar a few specifics like slander, incitement, and yelling 'fire' in a crowded theatre. whereas BLM want actively for someone (them? the government?) to have the power to shape speech.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next