Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Team J. David: What is the significance of this to you? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Tom,

Many moons ago when we were living in Rancho Bernardo our friends teen age daughter was friends the Dominelli's daughter and they were going to get together for a girl scout function. My wife went with them over to Dominelli's and the family was under siege .... (I don't think J. David was in prison yet) ..... the lights that showed outside from the house were off so the house looked deserted and they had a 2 knock code.

While running a Ponzi scheme and defrauding investors ..... there were also many charities that received funding from the company ..... later after the collapse the charities returned some of the donations.

The J. David (Dominelli) company was an early benefactor of triathlon .... as was Keating. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five I remember doing a Bud Light race in Arizona at one of Keating's (Lincolns's) housing projects that had a small lake to swim in ...... before the shit hit the fan. As I recall Keating was a swimmer and went to a white collar prison with a pool.

The mother in law of one of our kids lost money (investment not insured as promised) with Lincoln Savings.

Makes one wonder why triathlon attracted these (risk seeking) benefactors ..... regardless ..... their support helped the sport grow.

As another poster noted ... while the J. David company was crooked ..... the tri team was not .... nor were the charities ...... and if you want to go retro uniforms I think it is a good idea.

When the triathlon movie is made these guys will be writ large in the screen play. Villains make great stories.

Most ideas offered on ST initially suffer the 'Not Invented Here' syndrome and after a while (if the thread lasts that long) come to be accepted if they have merit.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next