Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Worth purchasing Vector 2? [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
What are the advanced pedaling dynamics that Garmin offer?

From a Garmin blog via The Google
Quote:
Seated/Standing Position

Cyclists typically have a unique preference for position on the bike during climbs and sprints. With Cycling Dynamics, Vector instantaneously detects and flags riding position (seated or standing) during a ride by comparing forces applied to the pedals. Current position, summaries of how often and how long riders have been in the position, and power data can be displayed in real time.

Post-ride, users can upload their data to Garmin Connect™ to view each position, associated cadence and speed, compare time spent seated vs. standing, learn how a position affects power output, and analyze climbs and sprints. This data can be useful when determining position effectiveness, and identifying any tendencies to move positions during particular moments of a ride.

Power Phase (PP)

The Cycling Dynamics Power Phase provides a valuable description of how a cyclist is currently producing power in a pedal stroke. Vector detects where the leg is generating positive torque in a pedal stroke, where the greatest concentration of positive torque is, at what angle these forces begin and end, and where the concentration of power is produced. The dual-sensing capabilities also allow cyclists to take their analysis one step further and see if there are differences between the left and right leg.

Platform Center Offset (PCO)

The Platform Center Offset measurement system allows Vector to identify how force is distributed across the pedal platform during the pedal stroke. Cyclists can view and evaluate where force is applied relative to the center of the pedal platform and what the PCO distribution is over a given period of time. Analysis of this data may assist in determining proper bike fit, and be helpful with rehabilitation and prevention of injury for cyclists.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jul 1, 16 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: Worth purchasing Vector 2? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
heftesmurf wrote:
I'm curious to know why everyone seems to love the P1s over Vector? The pedal itself is huge and has a huge battery. I've clipped pedals on my Ultegra pedals and can't imagine taking a turn in the P1s.

Not trying to be a dick, but are the P1s that big? Are you pedaling through turns, or do you just hit them really hard and get super low? I'm no super bike handler, but I always get that inside pedal up when I turn. Hard to imagine any pedal scraping at the 12:00 position, but I may just not be aggressive enough with my turns.
im with you - I don't know how you can clip the P-s unless your pedaling through the corners and/or getting super low. DC Rainmaker actually did a test with the P-s and I think Shimano pedals and there is about 2 degrees difference from memory.

I have the P1s and it literally takes about 3-4 minutes to swap between my two bikes. No torque wrench required, no fiddly pods to install just undo, move to other bike, do up.

Battery wise, they could be smaller, but Powertap have a heap of experience in his field and I like being able to find the batteries in any corner shop or petrol station around. And I carry a spare pair as well just in case.

If you're going the pedal route I would highly recommend the P1s.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Worth purchasing Vector 2? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the Vector 2 and have moved them to my wife's bike - too much drama. Constant re-calibration, you've got to carry a huge torque wrench with you to the races, and all that.

Now this:

rijndael wrote:
FWIW: I've heard a few rumors of a Vector 3 release at Interbike, in 3 months.

Let's see if they will get rid of those idiotic pods
Quote Reply
Re: Worth purchasing Vector 2? [heftesmurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P1 have been great for me. The only negatives:

1. Battery seems to die without sending a warning to my edge 500. No biggie, it just means that for 1 ride I get the power read from 1 side. Lithium batteries are a tad expensive.
2. No Android app for the firmware/manual zero. I have to buy a $60 used iPhone 4 and keep it around to do OTA updates.

Thats about it.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply

Prev Next