Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me price my 2013 Felt DA
Quote | Reply
First off, Slowman, if this should be in classifieds let me know! I figured since I am asking for help it would be fine here but if not move it to classifieds and I will deal with it there.

Looking to get help on how, what to price my 2013 Felt DAC frameset, http://2013.feltracing.com/...s/Frame-Kit-DAC.aspx, built up with some newer/older parts.

Frame is in very good condition. A few small scratches but nothing major.
FD/RD are SRAM Red from my B2 in 2009 so they are old but still work fine.
Crank is SRAM Rival from 2-3 years ago. Set up as 1x now but have 52/36 and 50/34 rings as well
BB30 with GXP adapter set up currently
New Ultegra Chain and also have ICE Friction chain as well
Omega front brake and stock rear brake (still have TRP front brake as well)
Profile Design Prosvet bars with T2+ Carbon aerobars
I have the TTR2 wheels that came with bike in 2009 but front is a bit out of true. Also have older wheels that I can throw in as well.
I have the TorHans DA bottle that fits the frame perfectly.
I also have all the stems/parts that came with the bike so can fit MANY different positions!

I just don't know how to price it. Half off the original price? 40%? Seeing what I can get for it to see if I can afford a new bike.

Thanks and if I missed something let me know and I will add it!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [chrisb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at that but they didn't have the frameset up and wasn't sure how to work the older components mixed with the newer stuff. But I guess that's a good guide too to get a rough estimate.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess? It's worth very little. $800 maybe, if you can find a buyer at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That low? Looking at the bluebook looks like the DA4 is getting around $1400 is good condition and I have some "upgrades" and older parts. But you are right that I would need to find a buyer! Maybe I will toss it on the classifieds and see if there are any bites.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I mean. I can get a brand new IAx frameset for $2k. Few triathletes are interested in the one thing that might be attractive about a DA - its UCI legality. Not insulting your bike as I have the essentially the same one, but part of the reason I still have it is that I can't sell it and thus can't defray my upgrade cost very much.

By the way, I find the Bike blue book values to be pretty off. Are they based off retail and then just a straight depreciation formula?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I know you're not insulting the bike. I know that it is tough out there now with the P2/3 and the IA at a low price point. Damn companies hurting the resale on our bikes! I just need to find someone like me when I was starting who wants to get their toes wet but not sure they want to make the jump in but want a bike.

I was hopeful for more but don't want to be unrealistic. Thanks though! Maybe I will just upgrade a few things and pretend it's new. I mean I know it will be slower than the IA, Plasma, P5, Trinity, etc. but not sure by how much!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size frame? Where does the DA C fall in line with DA1 or DA2 Frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
56 and I'm not sure where it stands but the link is in the first post. I think it was the only one they sold as a frameset and not complete bike. But could be mistaken.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadisonMan wrote:
What size frame? Where does the DA C fall in line with DA1 or DA2 Frame?

I also have this frame. it's the same carbon layup as the DA2-4. The DA1 was the flagship with different weave/layup and slightly stiffer than the others. From the 2 down the components were the only difference between models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
That low? Looking at the bluebook looks like the DA4 is getting around $1400 is good condition and I have some "upgrades" and older parts. But you are right that I would need to find a buyer! Maybe I will toss it on the classifieds and see if there are any bites.

I was thinknig $800 too and I've sold a few bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks for the feedback!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, interesses in selo the frameset? Pictures.... lsoski1910@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help me price my 2013 Felt DA [leo_ski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey. I would be selling the bike as a whole if I sold it. Still unsure if I want to sell it but would sell without wheels but wouldn't part out. Still interested PM me and we can discuss!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Oh I know you're not insulting the bike. I know that it is tough out there now with the P2/3 and the IA at a low price point. Damn companies hurting the resale on our bikes! I just need to find someone like me when I was starting who wants to get their toes wet but not sure they want to make the jump in but want a bike.

I was hopeful for more but don't want to be unrealistic. Thanks though! Maybe I will just upgrade a few things and pretend it's new. I mean I know it will be slower than the IA, Plasma, P5, Trinity, etc. but not sure by how much!

Donate it to charity and then use the blue book as the tax write-off.