Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Editing swim .fit file in golden cheetah
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how to do this? I have an open water swim that has some funky high swim speeds recorded by my Garmin 920XT which has caused super high TSS levels. The overall distance and average speed is accurately calculated by the device.
Quote Reply
Re: Editing swim .fit file in golden cheetah [alui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alui wrote:
Anyone know how to do this? I have an open water swim that has some funky high swim speeds recorded by my Garmin 920XT which has caused super high TSS levels. The overall distance and average speed is accurately calculated by the device.

Fit files from Garmin for open water swims seems to use a very aggressive "smart" recording which results in large gaps in recording s.t. 50 sec without any data, this can be fixed using Edit->Fix Gaps in Recording with Tolerance=1 and Stop=120 or the larger gap in your file, see: https://github.com/...ix-gaps-in-recording
There is also a tool to fix the speed channel from distance: Edit->Fix Speed from Distance with a smoothing parameter which can be helpful, but the gaps must be fixed first.

OTOH if you are only interested in average speed you can simply remove the speed column in Edit tab.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Editing swim .fit file in golden cheetah [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. It also works great if we setup the watch to smart recording! I was having messed up data because of that but this 1.00 tolerance 120 stop rescued my old files.
Quote Reply