Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM Force 22 crank with Ultegra shifting
Quote | Reply
Anyone using the Force 22 crankset with Ultegra 11-speed derailleurs/shifters? Just trying to get some feedback on how smooth the front shifting is. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Force 22 crank with Ultegra shifting [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is now way that I would mix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally rewriting my post.

Is your front shifter a bar end friction shifter, or an indexed road shifter? I mix Ultegra front shifter and derailleur, 10 speed, on my TT bike with Force 22 cranks no probs (Force 22 crankset with Quarq spider) - but it is a friction shifter. The front derailleur is a really simple mechanism.

That said, I have a SRAM Force FD sitting in my drawer waiting to be fitted, but that is just a nice-to-have for the yaw feature.
Last edited by: knighty76: Jun 27, 16 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CrankyNeck wrote:
Anyone using the Force 22 crankset with Ultegra 11-speed derailleurs/shifters? Just trying to get some feedback on how smooth the front shifting is. Thanks.[/quote

Using it, but can't comment as I don't front shift. My guess is that you be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Force 22 crank with Ultegra shifting [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be with indexed shifting. Circumstances have more or less forced me into a new rig and I'm in the process of speccing what I want. I would prefer to go with all Ultegra but I wish to stay with 177.5mm cranks, and they don't come that long in Ultegra, only Dura-Ace. Problem is, the Dura-Ace crank costs more than double what I can get the Force 22 crankset for, and unfortunately money is an issue. So I'm simply trying to find out if this crankset will more or less effortlessly fit right in with the Ultegra shifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be the PITA here, but state the obvious.... if it's a tri bike, 177.5 is probably too long anyway and 175 is so close it's splitting hairs. If money is a factor, maybe it's saves to open up your hip angle a little. But I'm biased. I'm on 165's and don't see why anyone would want longer cranks. Metabolic output below VO2 intensities doesn't really care about leverage ratios or stroke length.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Force 22 crank with Ultegra shifting [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a PITA at all, motoguy. I came here because I wanted input and opinions. All is appreciated and welcome. I can't ride a tri bike due to an old neck injury sustained in a bike crash when I was in my early 20s (ages ago!), so it's a road bike. I have been using 177.5 mm cranks for a long time and I guess I really didn't give much thought to or look into any science behind potentially changing. I merely assumed I'd keep what I was used to. But your post had me think deeper into this and let's face it, 2.5 mm isn't all that much. From what I have read, any problems with changing crank arm length usually stems from switching to longer ones, not shorter. So I think I will probably just go with the Ultegra 175s. Thanks for the input one and all.
Quote Reply