Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Benefits of a smart trainer [f_herman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I had an old tivo around and it uses same cable as needed by the tacx.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits of a smart trainer [3DKiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On your dumb trainer, can you sprint without your tire slipping?

I can hold 300w on my fluid trainer, but when I try to do a short sprint the tire slips and makes my intervals worthless.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits of a smart trainer [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
On your dumb trainer, can you sprint without your tire slipping?

I can hold 300w on my fluid trainer, but when I try to do a short sprint the tire slips and makes my intervals worthless.

I can on mine. Of course I'm not unleashing 1200 watts in a sprint, but really picking up the effort I don't have an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits of a smart trainer [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
Besides Erg mode, what are the benefits of a smart trainer over having say just a "dummy" trainer and using trainnerroad with a power meter?

I have kinetic kurt and 2 kickers, main reason I have kickers is ability to simulate climbs, in Ontario we do not have any climbs, That is the only way for me to climb for 60 minutes :)
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits of a smart trainer [JT_Dennen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know at what wattage yours starts to slip? Is 1,100 okay but not 1,200?
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits of a smart trainer [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No slippage issues for me. If I'm going to be doing a workout that has some sudden bursts I might tighten the tension knob an extra 1/2 turn but generally I run with the regular tension on Cycleops Fluid 2. I'm not putting out 1200 watts either, maybe 700 or 800 watts at best.
Quote Reply

Prev Next