Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: short girls and dan's pad x/y [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I have the power expert a tad nose down. Great in the pads, not great when sitting up.

The only thing I find dumb about the ISM is the sellers absolutely firm stance that the saddle is not too wide, rather people are using it incorrectly. Neither all pelvises nor people's definition of comfort are the same.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: short girls and dan's pad x/y [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
Yup, I have the power expert a tad nose down. Great in the pads, not great when sitting up.

The only thing I find dumb about the ISM is the sellers absolutely firm stance that the saddle is not too wide, rather people are using it incorrectly. Neither all pelvises nor people's definition of comfort are the same.

The part in bold...plus the guys selling are generally not particularly logical and finally they will come up with any excuse to talk down to a customer (especially a woman) to shame the customer into buying what is in inventory, vs what the customer really needs. For some reason, in the bike/endurance sports industry it is OK to treat customers like they are misinformed idiots...in my industry (tech) it's the fastest way to get yourself fired on the next round of layoffs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This, along with a video posted by our TriClub head coach, got me thinking ... one of the fit-related challenges is that the fit bike does not adjust down to the size I need -- even at Dan's, the fit bike specs go down to 155 cranks and "handlebar clamp" Y at 450 -- and when you add in the "switchit" saddle tester thingie that adds more saddle height, there is just no way to get to "comfortable position" and all the fancy tools go out the window as the fitter has to make some guesses and we just have to trust them, and probably most of them aren't really trustworthy when they say something like "saddles always hurt" or "trust me that you really need 145 cranks and a zip-tied noseless saddle to get the proper aero position, even though you can't try it out here before you shell out the cash." And it's way worse when they are affiliated with a bike shop.

Not long ago I was out riding and an older guy on a road bike sat on my wheel a while, then when I sat up to let him pass he circled back and did the same, then came up alongside me, asked if I were "on a team" and "training for a race," then proceeded to tell me my saddle was too low (and so was my cadence), did I know that I needed a professional fitter? Because, you know, how would a girl like me actually know something about saddle height? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size NP3 are you on? Your reach is identical to mine, and your stack is within 2cm. But you're 5'6", and I'm 5'4", so I'm guessing (???) you're on a 51cm?
Quote Reply
Re: short girls and dan's pad x/y [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eileen wrote:
What size NP3 are you on? Your reach is identical to mine, and your stack is within 2cm. But you're 5'6", and I'm 5'4", so I'm guessing (???) you're on a 51cm?

I am on the 51, but in hindsight I would be better fit on the 48. The 48 has pretty well identical stack-reach to my old Cannodale Slice. It just "feels" better under me in terms of handling the bike even the the contact points are the same (within millimeters)
Quote Reply

Prev Next