Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Antonio folks... need bike route from JW Marriott Hill Country Resort
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be staying at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort for a few days in July and I'm looking for a 40 mile bike route but nothing that gets me too far from the resort. Maybe a 10 or 20 mile out and back. Something like that.

I stayed there before and have seen a lot of cyclists out and about so it looks like a nice place to ride.

Looking at a map it looks like riding the TPC Parkway to Evans Road and turning around near Selma would be 20 miles round trip. That stated, I have no idea what the roads or traffic conditions are like near there. This would be early morning during the weekday.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio folks... need bike route from JW Marriott Hill Country Resort [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone?

Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio folks... need bike route from JW Marriott Hill Country Resort [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a local but my parents and extended family live in San Antonio so I've done some riding around those parts. If you get west of 281 around Bulverde the roads are pretty good.

Here's one route I did that runs right past the resort so you could work off that. Stay north of Stone Oak Parkway if you can, that's more or less the dividing line for suburbia. https://www.strava.com/activities/147713104
Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio folks... need bike route from JW Marriott Hill Country Resort [tbronder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to live right behind the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort. I would do the following route.

TPC Parkway - West to
Bulverde Green (this will dead end into/turn into Wilderness Oak) - North to
Bulverde Road (this road will turn into Smithson Valley Road if you miss Bulverde Road turning to the left) - North to
Bulverde Road (Bulverde will turn into Obst Road as you swing to the left and pass over the creek) - West to
Obst Road - West to
West Specht Road - South (this road will make a 90 and head West after a few miles) to
Blanco Road - North to
East Aamann Road - East to
Bulverde Road - North to
Route 46 - East to
Smithson Valley Road - South to
1863 - West to
Smithson Valley Road (this will turn into Bulverde Road and take you right back to TPC parkway) - South

This route has a bunch of punching hills along with some great areas to drop the hammer. I hope that you can make sense of the route on a map. This was my go to ride.
Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio folks... need bike route from JW Marriott Hill Country Resort [millertj1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I can make sense of it on a map. I think that route is going to be hard to follow when trying to ride it though since I'm unfamiliar with the area. Trying to keep the route on just a couple of roads to make it easy.

Quote Reply