Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Silly question about sunglasses
Quote | Reply
I suppose I never thought about it until today, but I'm tired of wearing sunglasses with dripping sweat on them. So, I take them off to clean them and my choice is to clean them with the end of my sweaty jersey. It doesn't seem to do a good job- obviously.

Anyone figure something out when training what to do? My first thought was, maybe put some rain-x on them and maybe sweat will roll off. Or, allow sweat to not "stick", so I can just rinse them with a water bottle.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Silly question about sunglasses [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe your sunglasses don't fit well and an adjustment might help? I wear Rudy sunglasses with the RX insert and don't notice a lot of sweat on them. They get dirty during a ride capturing crap that would otherwise get in my eyes, but I just do the old lick and polish on the tail of my jersey.

Or as my dad would say when I was wiping my nose on my clothing, "That's why God gave us sleeves."

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I suppose I never thought about it until today, but I'm tired of wearing sunglasses with dripping sweat on them. So, I take them off to clean them and my choice is to clean them with the end of my sweaty jersey. It doesn't seem to do a good job- obviously.

Anyone figure something out when training what to do? My first thought was, maybe put some rain-x on them and maybe sweat will roll off. Or, allow sweat to not "stick", so I can just rinse them with a water bottle.

Thoughts?

I just rinse off with a waterbottle as I go. Not sure what is in rain-x but that can't be good if it gets in your eye.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Silly question about sunglasses [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pour water...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Halo sweatband, that gutter thing really works. I don't ride without it. I am a heavy/salty sweater and it really helps to keep the glasses clear.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've rain-x'd all of my sunglasses. It does exactly what you are expecting, allows water and sweat to roll and bead off. I've never had any issues with any residual getting into my eyes nor any degradation to the lenses. The only downside I've found is that you still need to clean them and the rain-x seems to smear more and require more work to get them clean.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply