Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last second advice for swim clothes tomorrow.....
Quote | Reply
Racing OLY tomorrow and looks like it will not be wetsuit legal (first time ever, I believe). So need to decide what to wear...swim skin is not an option at this point.

1) PI one-piece sleeveless trisuit.
2) tri shorts, no top and put on sleeveless tritop in T1.

IOW, is a onepiece trisuit gonna have significant drag in the water, to the extent that I am better off putting on a separate top in T1?

I do have a PI Octane suit, but it doesn't have our club colors / logos, so isn't really my first choice. (This is not a high priority race for me...training as much as anything else).

Any input appreciated!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Last second advice for swim clothes tomorrow..... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since there will be little if any difference in speed..,Whatever you have practiced before
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I would be more comfortable topless. I assume it's legal to swim topless? I don't know fancy pants rules.

I would do what's legal you feel most comfortable in. I cannot imagine that big of a difference unless you swim in a Christmas sweater.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedo.
Quote Reply
Re: Last second advice for swim clothes tomorrow..... [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Speedo.

If my swim weren't so pathetic, I absolutely would.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri shorts, roll your top down into the waistband of your shorts. Pull it up on the run into T1.

Lightning fast transition.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Last second advice for swim clothes tomorrow..... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tri shorts, roll your top down into the waistband of your shorts. Pull it up on the run into T1.

Lightning fast transition.

Why not wear the one piece and do the same?

I vote for just wearing the one piece up whilst swimming. Plenty of people have this as their go to kit for non wet suit swims.
Quote Reply
Re: Last second advice for swim clothes tomorrow..... [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all....I'm probably overthinking it. I'll probably just go with the one piece. It is gonna be a slow swim either way, so doubt it will matter much.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trirock Philly? I am in the same boat. Forgot the swim skin at home and might have to swim in my Castelli San Remo speed suit... I do have a Speedo but I feel like it would take forever to put on the suit in transition

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Last second advice for swim clothes tomorrow..... [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, Pleasant Prairie in WI.

All for nothing in the end....arrived and they announced the water [pink]miraculously remained @ 77.9* despite the 90*+ heat yesterday and no rain overnight.[/pink]

But a line of t-storms were rolling in...after a weather delay, they changed the entire race to a duathlon. 2.3 mile run instead of a swim for everyone.

Newsflash - I don't like duathlons! Wink. Holy hell that hurt.

Thanks again for all the input.....

Quote Reply