Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Generation UCAN
Quote | Reply
For those that use this product can you make night before a race and store in fridge the night before? I am assuming so, but hate doing ANYTHING new!
Thanks. Juan
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [oldhagj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

It will all settle out and you will need to really shake it to get it mixed back up.

Of course it will all settle out again while you are swimming.

It never really dissolves (my biggest complaint).

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree with fact it never dissolves, stopped racing with it bc of this.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It never fully dissolves but that hasn't stopped me from using it. Ironically it mixes *better* in cold water. The guys at UCAN told me as much and I experimented with water heated to ~100 degrees and water that was ~40 degrees. Equal amounts in equal water. The cold water was visibly better mixed and took longer to settle out. This is completely contrary to everything I learned in chem/physics in high school so I'm unable to provide an answer as to "why" this is.
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it so far but def would be nice if it mixed better. Reminds me of Perpetuem where you have to shake it for ever!
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. It's a pain in the ass to deal with on a full distance. I'd use it in shorter races or an open marathon but I'm not using it this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best thing to do is blend it the night before - I take a blender to my races just so I can do this!
Otherwise it does clump, which can be disastrous when you later realised you've only consumed half of what you meant to.

Ben Greenfield also suggests adding a salt tab into the mix, which is meant to help with the problem.
Last edited by: tburkinshaw: Jun 27, 16 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [tburkinshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It worked great in my race yesterday..I just shook it before I chugged it down..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah it's fine if you have it immediately, but I've generally struggled after leaving it say an hour - i.e. like you would for a bottle on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [tburkinshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worked for me for my half-IM..2.5 hr bike..just shook it, but typically drink the entire bottle at once. ..Love that its high in sodium..
Quote Reply