Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results....
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He'll, I have already had news feeds about Trexit (texas)

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in Canada we have had Quexit for quite some time.
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
He'll, I have already had news feeds about Trexit (texas)

Wouldn't that just be "Texit?"
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The weird part is the only people I know calling for texit are liberals that live in Austin. I would imagine a Texas republic would be very red.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
Exciting times in the EU.

http://www.reuters.com/...rs-all-idUSKCN0ZA2LP[/quot

So, the U.K. Was crazy to leave such a strong Union. They leave, union starts to fall apart thus confirming the decision to leave.
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
Exciting times in the EU.

http://www.reuters.com/...rs-all-idUSKCN0ZA2LP[/quot

So, the U.K. Was crazy to leave such a strong Union. They leave, union starts to fall apart thus confirming the decision to leave.

Perhaps I'm misunnerstandin your quote here. Was that just your summation of what the article stated b/c I wasn't getting that tone.

If the EU was/is such a 'strong union' then why would it be under such pressure from a single nation leaving? That kind of relationship sounds like a foundation as strong as a house built on ice cubes in the summer.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Jun 25, 16 3:24
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:

If the EU was/is such a 'strong union' then why would it be under such pressure from a single nation leaving? That kind of relationship sounds like a foundation as strong as a house built on ice cubes in the summer.[/quote]
The UK is one of the world's great financial centers. With London possibly 2nd only to New York. A lot of EU trade funnels through there, and the EU is primarily a NAFTA-like trade zone. It's not like just any EU country leaving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

The UK is one of the world's great financial centers. With London possibly 2nd only to New York. A lot of EU trade funnels through there, and the EU is primarily a NAFTA-like trade zone. It's not like just any EU country leaving.

I think we are viewing how that OP's post read a bit differently. I read it that the OP feels the EU was strong on it's own and that it was nuts for GB to go it's own way hence my reference to the impending tremors the EU faces w/o GB. I have great confidence GB will renegotiate trade deals and not be left to the back of the line as Obama said. Just last night the largest SWF in the world(Norway) repledged their commitment to continue investing in their economy even post Brexit. The EU needed GB a heck of a lot more than they need the EU. Now that The Hague's feeding tube has been cut off from GB we will see how the cards shake out. I wish the Brits all the success in the world and in a few years time would not be surprised one bit to see them on a significantly better trajectory than the one the EU is on.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Jun 25, 16 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The weird part is the only people I know calling for texit are liberals that live in Austin.

That is completely wrong. Google any story about secession, and and it is from the right. Welcome to Forge's "Fact Free Funhouse"
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't say it was led by liberals. I'm fully aware of conservatives pushing for it. I said the only people I am seeing on Facebook are liberals who live in Austin.

Touchy aren't we. I think as part of any such bee republic people who move to Texas from certain states should be banned from voting. Heck, just to make t fair, any state for as long as they resided in their say state. That at they can mess up Texas to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I think as part of any such bee republic people who move to Texas from certain states should be banned from voting. Heck, just to make t fair, any state for as long as they resided in their say state. That at they can mess up Texas to.

Are you typing with your elbows? Is this even English?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the EU was/is such a 'strong union' then why would it be under such pressure from a single nation leaving?//

Maybe because they were the 5th largest economy in the world? But now our little state of CA has taken that spot it appears. And I believe we are not far behind some of the others, Caliexit? (-;
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just woke up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
The weird part is the only people I know calling for texit are liberals that live in Austin. I would imagine a Texas republic would be very red.
Just quoting this for posterity since you are now saying you only see Austin liberals posting about leaving the Union.
The fact is the charge is being led by far rightwing nutjobs. I live in Austin, am not a liberal, just know what I see and hear firsthand.
Quote Reply
Re: Frexit, Neexit, Sweexit, Czexit, Auexit Results.... [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really have to read the next post. So I'll save you the trouble. I'm fully aware the texit movement is right wing and I support it.

The only people I see calling for it in the last day i actually know are Austin liberals.

Last edited by: TheForge: Jun 25, 16 12:52
Quote Reply