Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kestrel Talon seat angle
Quote | Reply
Anyone know at what angle will Kestrel's Talon dual seat post give me when used in the forward position? 76? 78?
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon seat angle [Navi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told by a rep at Insideout Sports that you could achieve 76 degrees with their aeropost.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet if you used a Fizik Arione saddle and jacked the whole thing forward you get to 78 degrees. The bike probably will handle poorly since too much weight will be on the front wheel. In my opinion the bike handles very well at around 75-74 degrees. Any steeper and maybe you should consider one of Kestrel's fine tri bikes.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon seat angle [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just some ideas I was tossing around. I own 2 bikes (tri and road), but will sell the road bike to get a mountainbike. I like the road bike for off-season and the occasional road race. Just wanted to see if the Talon is worth using for both tri and RR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are looking at one bike, look at the Yaqui Mariola DL. Not sure you can find a better all-around bike. Handles extremely well in the aero bars, climbs very well, descends even better.

http://www.yaquiusa.com/frames/dl/dl-pge.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get 80 or more if you really want to by manipulating the seatpost...get a Thompson setback and turn it around, etc. BUT, just as TD says...if you get much more than 75 degrees, handling suffers. I ride mine at 74, any more and I really notice a handling glitch. It's a VERY good road bike, and if you ride a road geometry well, it could be a very good TT bike for you. Not for me, though, I tried. I'm back to STS shifting on regular road bars and am MUCH happier with the bike in this configuration compared to trying to make a TT bike out of it.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply