Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I think the time is right for me to enter politics [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And my grandmother on my moms side was German but that isn't the point. German law and obviously their language are much different that outs or any d the countries mentioned. Part of the problem with the EU as far as Brits are concerned was these differences.

The Germans who came here assimilated and their culture an immaterial influence.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: I think the time is right for me to enter politics [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
TheForge wrote:

For instance, an Austrian comes here on a guest visa, they have to leave in 90 days.

Quote Reply
Re: I think the time is right for me to enter politics [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is an article on the very same thing, in fact, they call it the Anglosphere. However, they are more open to India calling it an economic superpower with strong ties to the British. While it is certainly an emerging economy. My fear is that it would become a haven for cheap labor and offshoring. Also, by saying they very much understand anglo culture, is that something that resides with say the top 10% of the cultural elite? Or is it well spread. Perhaps I need to rethink my inclusion of india, but these burdens would have to be met.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: I think the time is right for me to enter politics [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
No, after Ironman AZ, I'm going to stick to shorter distances and get big and ripped again. Maybe even get back into competitive shooting.

Since lifting again, my waist has continued to shrink despite putting on 7 lbs. This is after trying 3 years without weights and diet. Just couldn't get below 210. If I cut too many calories, I would suffer performance and headaches. Besides, having the body of a greek god, the brutal honesty and bold ideas I have will be much more marketable.

One idea I've been floating in my head is a Trans Anglo consortium. Sort of like a preferred trade agreement for countries with British Colonial roots. This would be Britain, the US, Canada and Australia obviously. But Singapore would be welcome as well. When in grad school I wrote a thesis on corporate governance, and I found that nearly every country with roots in British Colonialism have similar business and legal practices. For instance, accounting standards are not based on statutes, but professional judgment.

So despite minor cultural differences, these countries share a common bond in business, legal, language and cultural practices. Could be an economic powerhouse that would make the EU look pathetic, and would only be matters of trade preference.

Is my dream of a trans Anglo consortium going to happen?

https://www.bloomberg.com/...ump-to-engage-abroad

Quote Reply

Prev Next