Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tremblant 70.3 - Who's racing?
Quote | Reply
Anyone else going??
Looks like nice warm weather, could be a hot run! :)
If you look at the Place De Voyagers webcam, and steer it over towards the expo area, you can see they have a big 'fun slide' set up. I might skip the race and hang out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant 70.3 - Who's racing? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In!

It's a bit of a feeling-out race for me. I've suspected that I usually sandbag the bike, and I'm aiming to go hard and see how I feel. So that will be me you see walking the run course.

Cheers!

Munq
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant 70.3 - Who's racing? [Darkwing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the past I've overcooked the bike and ended up doing some walking as well. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there just like every other Tremblant 70.3. You can count me in for some walking as well if it's 30+C.

Does anybody have the listing of swim waves? I cannot seem to find it on the Tremblant 70.3 website. In the past I recall this information being available a couple of weeks ahead of the race. Maybe they are going with a rolling start.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant 70.3 - Who's racing? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's posted on the Facebook site
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Never thought to check there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Anyone else going??
Looks like nice warm weather, could be a hot run! :)
If you look at the Place De Voyagers webcam, and steer it over towards the expo area, you can see they have a big 'fun slide' set up. I might skip the race and hang out there.[/quote

Gutted to not make it this year. Was really looking forward to coming back - such a great venue and race!!!!

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott_B wrote:
Thanks. Never thought to check there.

I've done every 70.3 they ever had in Tremblant (2012, 2013, 2013, 2014x2, 2015), but the streak will be broken on Sun as I still can't walk properly, forget about running. I can however swim and bike so I am doing it in a relay with my son who will run the half marathon. It's his delayed father's day gift to me so I can participate in some fashion. My biggest challenge is shuffling from end of swim to T1 bike mount. That's going to be my biggest challenge....which is a complete shift compared to 2010 when I was combined world transition champion in 45-49 at Kona and 70.3 WC....now I am worrying about T1 and then getting off the bike and handing the chip to my son in T2 to get going on the run. In any case I am just grateful to be part of it all and hey, my genetics are taking on the challenge of getting the run done even though I am not.

I hope to see some of you in Tremblant. If you see me shuffling around the village with a very laboured limp/gait, don't be alarmed, it's been like this for 8 months...at least this is better than the crutches i spent the winter on.

I'll also be starting the swim in the last wave, which means a gong show of weaving around people and then the stress of slingshotting around people on the bike....I suppose that should make my bike split look more studly.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant 70.3 - Who's racing? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, I know you are disappointed to not be able to do the full race. Do try to embrace the opportunity of doing a relay with your son. That will be a wonderful experience that you will always remember as opposed to just another half iron race to be forgotten next month. See you this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott_B wrote:
Dev, I know you are disappointed to not be able to do the full race. Do try to embrace the opportunity of doing a relay with your son. That will be a wonderful experience that you will always remember as opposed to just another half iron race to be forgotten next month. See you this weekend.

Indeed...the only reason we are doing it is so we can do the family relay thing. I don't think my wife was up to signing up for the swim, although she could probably do it with a bit of pool time. It will be fun to be out there with family in the same event. I've probably done around 100 half IM's over my life, so you are right, about doing a new thing. By the way, not really disappointed to not do the full race....more disappointed that I am not yet walking like a normal human....time and patience which is generally in short supply for someone who wants to do everything fast all the time, but I feel I have been good on the patience front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Should be a fun week-end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there! Such an awesome venue and race. The run is gonna be painful in 30oC+ heat.... :(
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant 70.3 - Who's racing? [llee1847] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got out of the lake, little over 17C and feels great. Yup, gonna be another hot run in Tremblant...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favourite swim course ever. :) I'm not racing there this year, but best of luck to all those who are!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam the course today with a massive rip in the arm pit of my wetsuit so it was a Michelin man swim literally swimming with a parachute and I still did not get too cold. Having said that, I am pulling out of the relay with my son. I did something to my bad leg/spine while on business travel in Frankfurt this week and my already sporadic ability to walk went from bad to worse and I don't trust myself to take the land leg to T1 easy enough to not cause further damage. I can swim and bike fine (have been able to for the last 6 months) but realistically have not been able to walk properly for the last 8 (spent 5 months on crutches and just got off them consistenly at the tart of March). So we we'll be watching you guys out there. Weather would be perfect for "me" (since I like 33C and heat), but for the rest of you, take it conservative on the bike cause you could end up overcooking on the run. There is literally zero air flow on the bike path that the run course is on, and when it gets hot, it's like a sauna in there.

Dev
Quote Reply