Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My theory on tattoos [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
TheForge wrote:
So I'm sitting in line to get coffee at the convenience store like I do so often. I am seeing more and more tattoos above the neck, creeping onto the face and head. Here is my theory.

Tattoos once considered taboo crept into the mainstream leading to the sleave. But as we know, pretty mainstream guys like JSA have gotten sleaves. They can of course be covered in dress clothes common among professionals.

So now the rebels have to take it up a notch, and now they have them on their hands and necks. It looks tacky to at best. I would never hire anybody with a tattoo on their neck. I hope that is as far as it goes. Because with this trend, facial tattoos will become the norm.

"These people" are not rebels. They are followers.

What I meant to say was they think they are rebels.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tattoo removal has become so big at least in our area we have multiple businesses that do nothing but that. No spa treatments, nothing but tattoo removal. The one called EradiTatt is so big it's exploded into half a dozen locations in the state. I kept thinking it was a fad that would close, but that place has cars in front of it every time I drive by. There are now 3 locations in the Bay Area.

I have no feelings on tatts either way, but I'm wishing I'd of bought one of these franchises!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to see the sleeves on the gals when they're 50+ with turkey neck arms...
Quote Reply
Re: My theory on tattoos [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant wrote:
Can't wait to see the sleeves on the gals when they're 50+ with turkey neck arms...

Will it really look any worse than the turkey neck arms?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: My theory on tattoos [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: My theory on tattoos [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Tattoo removal has become so big at least in our area we have multiple businesses that do nothing but that. No spa treatments, nothing but tattoo removal. The one called EradiTatt is so big it's exploded into half a dozen locations in the state. I kept thinking it was a fad that would close, but that place has cars in front of it every time I drive by. There are now 3 locations in the Bay Area.

I have no feelings on tatts either way, but I'm wishing I'd of bought one of these franchises!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: My theory on tattoos [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
Most are followers, but some are in fact leaders. The point I'm making however is that the "leaders" those that really, really, REALLY want to be REALLY different are forced to go to ever more radical lengths. Take a look at the body modifiers that are morphing themselves into animals. There are followers of these people, sub dermal jewellery and similar. Same thing, just following.

At some point the "Leaders" will actually run out of more radical things to do and they will go the other direction. I suspect that some years out bodies with absolutely no marking might become "The thing". No moles, no freckles etc.

Everyone wants to believe they are special in some way. It's just the way we are. Some people will go thru great lengths in order to show how special they are.

So I take it you've not seen the human barbie doll chick(s) yet? She looks freaky as shit when you realize there's actually a live person inhabiting that 'fake' shell...
Quote Reply
Re: My theory on tattoos [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: My theory on tattoos [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I'd like to see the pic after someone tossed a dog treat.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply

Prev Next