Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the current system where a firearm used in a crime must be traced to the manufacturer and the store that it was distributed to. Then the agents can go scan through piles of paper. Anything that prevents gov't agents from looking into my purchases on a whim is fine by me. But it wouldn't matter anyways, because by the time they came for my guns, I would have documented evidence that I sold them to random strangers. In fact, if they banned face to face transactions, I would sell them all before the law came into effect. I take that back, I would keep a couple of my bolt action guns and pistols never likely to be banned as evidence that I'm a "reasonable" gun owner. And it would be good to have a gun or two I could give to whatever agents come for them.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, and various things you have said here over the years have affirmed to me why gov't should have as little ready access to such info.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Voting isn't a constitutional right, it is a gov't granted right.

Wrong. Voting is every bit as much a Constitutional right as the right to keep and bear arms.

Quote:
There are no mentions of the right to vote in the constitution,

Wrong. I quoted one of them to you.

Quote:
only in various amendments

The Amendments are part of the Constitution. Same place the right to keep and bear arms is found.

Quote:
But you could be banned based on something like not paying taxes, not owning land, etc.

And you can be banned from owning firearms for being convicted of a felony.

Quote:
There is no affirmative right to vote

Again, there is the same basic language for the right to vote as for the right to keep and bear arms. For neither right is there and affirmative statement that Americans have X or Y right. Both are listed in terms of a right that shall not be infringed on in some way. Both are found in the Constitution. Both are Constitutional rights.

Quote:
Hence why I posted an article with sufficient evidence that even you have to concede defeat through your thick skull:

You haven't posted anything with any evidence of anything. The Constitution does not explicitly list a right to vote for President. That doesn't mean there isn't a Constitutional right to vote. Keyssar says there is no "affirmative right to vote." That doesn't mean the right isn't in the Constitution. Only that it isn't affirmatively stated (neither is the right to keep and bear arms).

You are apparently too dense to understand that just because a right is not stated affirmatively, that doesn't mean it isn't in the Constitution. The Constitution does not state anywhere in it that you have freedom of speech, or the right to assemble, or the right to petition the govt, or the right to keep and bear arms. It says that no laws may be made abridging free speech, or the right to assemble, or the right to petition the govt, and that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. From those statements, we infer that those rights must exist. The same logic applies to the right to vote, and the fact that you found articles stating that the right to vote is not affirmatively stated doesn't constitute the evidence you think it does.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Oh, and various things you have said here over the years have affirmed to me why gov't should have as little ready access to such info.

And the things you've said over the years have affirmed to me that you have no business near a firearm, but I'm not coming for your guns, because I'm not a paranoid borderline sociopath.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody got under somebody's skin.

You hate being wrong don't cha Spock?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Somebody got under somebody's skin.

You hate being wrong don't cha Spock?

You're not under my skin. You're simply not correct. But hey, if you think there's no right to vote, that's fine. I'll make sure to let Hillary know you also don't think there's a right to own your guns, since the same construct is used to indicate that that right exists. And I'll let her know you also don't believe that you have the right to free speech, to practice your religion, to assemble peaceably, to petition your govt for redress of grievances be free from unreasonable search and seizure, etc.

Oh, and there's this stupid little gem you typed, "You can't be banned from voting based on race or gender. But you could be banned based on something like not paying taxes,..."

Might want to look that one up too. It hasn't been a good day for you and reading comprehension or Constitutional knowledge.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're wrong. Get over it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
You're wrong. Get over it.

Nothing to get over, but I see you've stopped even trying to make arguments, since you failed so spectacularly. That's probably a good tactic for you. You should give up more often. Or just not post to begin with. Save everyone some time and screen space.

Slowguy

Quote Reply

Prev Next