Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Madone 9 with regular bar and stem, is it possible?
Quote | Reply
Looking to run a normal bar and stem rather than the fancy integrated setup. I need the flexibility to run narrower bars and clips every once in a while. Has anyone successfully done this?

I LIKE TURTLES!
Quote Reply
Re: Madone 9 with regular bar and stem, is it possible? [tbellrun23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just sent you an email

Thx Karl
Quote Reply
Re: Madone 9 with regular bar and stem, is it possible? [tbellrun23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump, everyone wants to buy the integrated bar I don't own yet but no one knows if you I can run the bike without it?

I LIKE TURTLES!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tbellrun23 wrote:
bump, everyone wants to buy the integrated bar I don't own yet but no one knows if you I can run the bike without it?

There should be no reason you can not do this, just make sure you have a cover where the frame meets the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the assembly manual for that bike? Might help answer your question.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Madone 9 with regular bar and stem, is it possible? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have but your response seems pretty cryptic for someone that should know the answer. It's not clear if the frame housing ports would be accessible with a normal stem mounted

I LIKE TURTLES!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just trying to help you visualize the system since, if I read correctly, you don't own the bike and can't just open it up yourself to see where the physical issues would be.

I can't think of any off-the-shelf upper headset hardware - topcap in particular - which wouldn't block the front brake routing at the very least.

There's also the issue of jeopardizing your warranty standing (if that's important to you).

Sorry!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Carl, can you provide any insight into this pic from the pro peloton. Has trek developed some new headset pieces to make this possible now?

I LIKE TURTLES!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our Race Shop is very good at providing solutions to Trek-Segafredo team needs. I have no insight beyond that.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any news of this special headset cover?

The madone 9 frame is perfect, but the handlebar is not.

Because of the long reach (93mm) most riders need a 10-20mm shorter stem than normal.

For many people that mean they have to chose between correct reach to the hoods but hitting the handlebar tops with the legs while out of the saddle vs. longer reach than preferred but no problems hitting the tops.
Quote Reply