Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cafe Lactate and other Phoenix dwellers
Quote | Reply
I'm moving the valley during the holidays and need the scoop and where/when the group rides are, good places to climb other than south mtn, any groups that meet to run track workouts, long runs etc. Is the Phoenix tri club still around? I should be settled less or hopefully more by Jan 5. Any help is appreciated. Either post here or email me at get_faster@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance, Brian

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Cafe Lactate and other Phoenix dwellers [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cycling? Depends on your geographic location...if East Valley, then the Saturday and Sunday rides leaving Landis Cyclery at Warner and Rural (currently 7:30am I believe) is pretty good size group, with some pretty strong riders. Saturday goes down into Ahwatukee for the rollers, Sunday goes around South Mountain in fast pacelines, with the option of riding up South Mountain at the end. You can also head east to Usery Pass by Lake Saguaro. You can even loop that in conjunction with Fountain Hills...no mountains to speak of, but some pretty decent ascents for us flatlanders. West and north valley I'm not as familiar with.

For running...I know that Scottsdale Running Company has pretty good fast group that trains together, although I'm not quite sure of their schedule. I'd imagine Runner's Den as well. Performance Footwear here in Tempe has regular scheduled runs...contact the store for more details.

Phoenix Tri Club is still around...don't know their schedule though.

If you're in the east valley, and want swim training...let me know. :-)

Hope that's a good start...if I can come up with some more info, I'll add to this post.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Cafe Lactate and other Phoenix dwellers [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here is the link to the Phoenix Tri Club

http://www.phoenixtriathlonclub.org/index.jsp

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cafe Lactate and other Phoenix dwellers [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply