Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vetta V100 (wireless) mounted on chainstay?
Quote | Reply
Just bought a wireless Vetta V100 speed (not with cadence). Can I mount it on the chainstay and computer on aerobars or is that too far for pick up? Manual only describes install from fork. I had thought this unit was designed to run from chainstay since it has optional cadence which obviously must pick-up and transmit from there.

Thanks,

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Vetta V100 (wireless) mounted on chainstay? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can say is that the wireless cadence works flawlessly from there. I never tried to run my speed sensor from there, though. I'd say you're just going to have to try it. If they make the speed sensor as powerful as the one for cadence it should work.
Quote Reply
Re: Vetta V100 (wireless) mounted on chainstay? [jayblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And THAT, my friends, is what bothers me. The fact is, the speed sensor DOESN'T work from the chain stay to the handlebars, even though the cadence sensor does. I've been trying to figure out how to increase the gain on the speed transponder, but don't know how to do it. My crude solution was to mount the speed sensor on the seat stay, and to mount my computer sideways on the top tube...right in front of my knees...my knees don't hit it, and it picks up fine at this distance, and the front end of the bike is clean.

If anyone knows of a better solution, I'd love to change this setup.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Vetta V100 (wireless) mounted on chainstay? [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Vetta V100 Wireless cadence sensor also works flawlessly from the chainstay, but for whatever reason my speed sensor (front fork) is constantly losing signal.

Ktalon,
If you had it all to do over again would you go with the Vetta wireless? I don't think I would.

=====================================
It's ALL about the bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you called or emailed Vetta and asked them?

On Polar monitors you can move a jumper on the sensor to increase it's output, and therefore range. Maybe Vetta has the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Vetta V100 (wireless) mounted on chainstay? [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I think I would have waited to find a better solution...as it is, mounted on my top tube, it works fine. Maybe it is even better mounted here because it is out of the wind, but I would still have waited to find a better solution....

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could not get my V100 to work consistently, at all, until I put it in the base bar underneath the arm pads...not real handy there.

My Vetta mount broke, I've done some searching but have not found it selling anyplace. Keep an eye out please. Thanks.
Quote Reply