Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A question to anyone here......I purchased my Felt IA in 2015, I believe. So, I assume this means I should have this concern about the aero bars? I rode the bike for one Ironman and then pretty much quit triathlon soon after, so the bike has been sitting in my garage. But, just in case I decide to race again (or sell it), I’d like to make sure I have this issue resolved. Do I just call the LBS where I purchased the bike, and get them to help me with this safety issue? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yours looks so gorgeous. Yes.. It was on my first ride when slippage happened.
Anyway did you buy forged one or CNC one? and could you tell me the length of it?
Felt homepage does not have any specific info about the stem but price.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
Yours looks so gorgeous. Yes.. It was on my first ride when slippage happened.
Anyway did you buy forged one or CNC one? and could you tell me the length of it?
Felt homepage does not have any specific info about the stem but price.

This is the one I got, says CNC, 110mm, -16. (Canadian Felt site). Keep in mind it is pretty much the only stem you can use that will:
1. Fit the already cut short steerer tube
2. Has the little cutouts on the side for the top of the head tube cover to attach to

https://feltbicycles.com/...arts-bike-spare-part
110mm x -16. CNC'd aluminum

Compared to the stock integrated bar, I believe this one places the base bar 1-2cm lower, and possibly further out. I really love this setup.
I had the felt integrated bars on a '15 FRD, and didn't like the spacer system with all its tiny washers, and everything seemed more fragile.
The combo of the dagger stem and the Zipp bars likely adds some weight, but again, it feels so much more robust, easier spacers to work with, tilt, etc.
Note - I was originally wanting to get the tririg bar system because of the mono riser, but the stem would not have fit the felt front cover without modification. But now that I have the dagger/zipp, I'm glad I ended up with this setup instead.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 3, 21 4:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next