Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Has anyone built or had built a lap pool? [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have lived on lakefront for 27 years. I can just jump off my dock and open water swim. I also open up the HOA pool 3 mornings a week at 5:30 so I basically have 2 private pools that I use but do not have to take care of. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone built or had built a lap pool? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think this is instead of swimming somewhere else but perhaps in addition to

I agree with your comments. In the last 2 years I've been in the same pool as the south african and parts of the british teams at various times as well as one random afternoon where I sat and watched a bloke swimming on his own banging out 100 LCM leaving on a ridiculously short interval - I cant remember what it was but I posted here questioing how good he was

What I am considering is whether having the access would get me swimming more and the truth is that if the difference between going to the pool which is a trip of its own or getting changed and going outside - I know which one will happen more frequently
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone built or had built a lap pool? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I dont think this is instead of swimming somewhere else but perhaps in addition to
I agree with your comments. In the last 2 years I've been in the same pool as the south african and parts of the british teams at various times as well as one random afternoon where I sat and watched a bloke swimming on his own banging out 100 LCM leaving on a ridiculously short interval - I cant remember what it was but I posted here questioing how good he was
What I am considering is whether having the access would get me swimming more and the truth is that if the difference between going to the pool which is a trip of its own or getting changed and going outside - I know which one will happen more frequently

Ah yes, actually I do recall your posts about the RSA and Brit teams as well as the one with the guy doing something like 1:00-1:05 per 100 LCM lvg on something like 1:15, for something like 20 or 30 or more 100s, which is pretty damn fast. So, now that you've explained your pool as supplemental to going to "the big pool", I could see that type of usage. Shoot, if you had the desire, you could swim an easy 2000 in the mornings at home, then go to the big pool in the afternoon and do another 4000-5000 yd/m; you prob wouldn't need as much warm-up in your second swim of the day. Of course, you'd have to be cautious about this as swimming twice a day, 6-7 days/wk can quickly lead to burn-out for all but the truly talented who can handle these types of workloads:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Jun 4, 16 19:13
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone built or had built a lap pool? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
66'x13'x5', in metric: 20m x 4m x 1.5m

What sort of costs are people seeing to get something like this built outside?

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone built or had built a lap pool? [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everytime I start to think about this... think just moving to on a decent lake is better. If say you can get a good half mile loop you can do anything you want. Can't really use a clock but that's AOK with me.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone built or had built a lap pool? [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
20,000$ range; but it can vary a lot, depending if you can do some work by yourself
Quote Reply

Prev Next