Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap C1, Cervelo P2c 2009, FSA SL-K Crank, problem
Quote | Reply
Trying to install Powertap C1 chainring powermeter to my old Cervelo P2c with FSA SL-K cranks.

The crank spider fits fine, all is good until I put in the bottom bracket and tighten the cranks. The bolts (or actually one of them) on the back of the chain ring rub on the frame and the clearance on the others is really tight.

Should there be some kind of spacer between the bottom bracket bearing and the chainring side crank assembly? File down the bolt heads?

I think DC rainmaker mentioned something similar on his blog, so is this a common "feature" or just bad combination of tolerances?

Maybe not a good idea to start renewing the powertrain on a old bike during the race week.....
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap C1, Cervelo P2c 2009, FSA SL-K Crank, problem [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called Powertap about putting C1 on SL-K light crank.
They told me don't do it. Not comparable.

But I would love to see some pictures from your setup.
Last edited by: uva0224: May 31, 16 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap C1, Cervelo P2c 2009, FSA SL-K Crank, problem [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have 2 options to make it work:

1) Get the flat bolts from Powertap. They promised me a set via this forum, but never showed up.
2) Get spacers for the drive side. It's what I did. I got mine from Wheels Mfg. I think I need 3-4 (0.5mm each) on my P3C.

Let me know if rain kills yours. I've had 2 die, but my second one came back to life after drying out.
Last edited by: nickwhite: May 31, 16 11:36
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap C1, Cervelo P2c 2009, FSA SL-K Crank, problem [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
You have 2 options to make it work:

1) Get the flat bolts from Powertap. They promised me a set via this forum, but never showed up.
2) Get spacers for the drive side. It's what I did. I got mine from Wheels Mfg. I think I need 3-4 (0.5mm each) on my P3C.

Let me know if rain kills yours. I've had 2 die, but my second one came back to life after drying out.

Ok, so such exists then, I'll try to get them. Meanwhile, I just filed the one that was touching down a bit and it seems to work, have to try it our when pushing uphill etc...
Quote Reply