Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

omega x on felt ia1 rear?
Quote | Reply
whats the verdict? has anybody tried it?

worries about all the issues people have had with the rear brake gunking up, think it would be worth it to change it vs having it lock up during a race.

my ia1 has only been on my trainer so far this year, but headed to placid in 2 weeks for training
Quote Reply
Re: omega x on felt ia1 rear? [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when was the last time you had it at the LBS you purchased it from? I talked to the Felt guys at Oceanside and they said they were replacing sticking ones with a new brake mech, although most issues are do to installation issues and not the brakes themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: omega x on felt ia1 rear? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never after initial purchase and build; looking at the serial number, it appears my brakes are the ones in the "service advisory" per thr fitwerks website

but still not somethinf i want to deal with long term
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a new ia3 with the update brakes on it. Prior to it I had the omega x on my shiv. I can tell you take it to the shop and get the updated brake. I havent been on a bike with brakes as good as these before, and I have road bikes with dura ace. Just my 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto on the new brakes.
I have had the orginal IA and the new ones, and it is a complete world of difference.
Go get the new brakes
Quote Reply