Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race wheels left in attic
Quote | Reply
I'm getting back to triathlons after an 8 year hiatus and trying to salvage what I can from my prior gear. I realized recently that I've kept my old Blackwell 100's in the attic for that whole time. I realize the tubulars need to be replaced/reglued, but is there any reason being exposed to heat/cold (this is in Texas) over that period of time would affect the wheels themselves?

I'm considering moving over the clinchers anyway given the apparent improvement of them since I last trained and raced. Just wondering if it's worth preserving these for now until that happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheels left in attic [Derekl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be surprised if the climate in an attic could damage the wheels. Remove the tubulars, clean the wheels up and visually inspect them. Are they still true? Is there visible carbon damage?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheels left in attic [Derekl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should be fine. It won't get hot enough to impact the resin or the carbon (think how hot they get when braking).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Race wheels left in attic [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look like I bought them yesterday except for the old glue. I didn't think anything could really go wrong with them there but figured I'd ask. I'm sure my wife will appreciate me not spending any more money (for now) than I have to.
Quote Reply