Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona/Maui honeymoon questions/suggestions [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For maximum wife points, book a reservation at Pulehu restaurant in the westin at ka'anapali.

Find out what time sunset is and book shortly after that but be at the beach early

I stumbled across it as the top rated restaurant on yelp and it lived up to all expecations.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go to Hookipa, 5 min outside of Paia. Park, watch the surfers, hit one of the food trucks…There are always 10-20 turtles just laying around the beach.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Kona/Maui honeymoon questions/suggestions [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks amazing. The Westin was one of the top choices for us before we settled on the Sheraton. Will for sure catch a few sunsets because the pictures I have googled look beautiful! Based on everything I have read here and other places it seems that basically no matter what we do, well besides being eaten by a shark, we can't go wrong.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Kona/Maui honeymoon questions/suggestions [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Love the laid back suggestion. I am getting more excited by the minute and each post!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Well now you just scared the crap out of me! And I can't tell her because she is healthy afraid of sharks! Which doesn't make sense that she wanted to go to Hawaii as her top spot! But oh well. We will make the most of it even if I don't get too crazy with ocean swimming.

A nice protected spot to swim is in Napili Bay. Up the coast a bit from Kaanapali, but before Kapalua. There's a reef offshore so the bay itself is nice and calm most of the day (there's a bit of surf at some point depending on the tide, can't remember when). I swam in there years ago before I even began swimming regularly. Doubt any sharks would venture in. The scariest thing I saw there snorkeling was an octopus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black sand beach, freshwater pond at Kiholo Bay on the Big Island. Secluded, romantic spot. Took my girlfriend (now wife) there on her first trip to Hawaii.

The green sand beach on southern tip of the Big Island is another secluded, romantic spot. About a 2 mile hike from the end of the road.

Enjoy!
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: May 30, 16 10:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mai tais at the Kona Inn Restaurant bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona/Maui honeymoon questions/suggestions [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Mai tais at the Kona Inn Restaurant bar.

Mmmmm, mai tais. I don't like most fruity drinks but mai tais are heaven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are doing training rides on your honeymoon you are doing it wrong.

You should probabbly spend the week with your wife. 50 more years of training rides when you get back.
Last edited by: copperman: May 30, 16 11:12
Quote Reply
Re: Kona/Maui honeymoon questions/suggestions [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I agree! These aren't "training" rides per say just a chance for me to explore the island some more. But I agree that I will be spending some amazing moments with my future wife!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next