Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don't understand why they would play this game. Where's the upside?

If you win, well, you beat a bunch of 15 year old boys. Big deal. But if you lose... 7-0...

Doesn't the Canadian women's hockey time regularly play bantam teams?
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
BLeP wrote:

If you win, well, you beat a bunch of 15 year old boys. Big deal. But if you lose... 7-0...

Doesn't the Canadian women's hockey time regularly play bantam teams?

I believe they play AAA midget teams. I couldn't find a recent article, but here's one from a couple years ago.

http://www.torontosun.com/...10/12409826-sun.html
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Good girls teams play with ball control and movement while good boys teams play with speed and aggression....

Nice stereotyping. You obviously haven't seen my local HS team play.

No, I have not spent much time at your high school watching the girls or boys. People go to prison for that.

Of course I was stereotyping and your area does have quality soccer but you're also stereotyping in your statements... It's not always bad to stereotype and I stick by my generalization.

Boys and girls have a different style of play. Do you not agree with that stereotype?

Do you have video links to your high school games? Let's see how good these kids are instead of just telling us how great they are.

Here's a glimpse of one of our team players that competed for 2 seasons against the boys at travel level.

http://socrpro.com:8090/playback/1262
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

In the article they stated that they play the boys because they need the competition and there are no women teams to play that are good enough.

There is nobody stating that the women are superior or even equal, they play those boys because they are better than any other women available.
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:
North wrote:
Remember how much shit John McEnroe took when he said during a live broadcast that any men's college first singles player from a respectable school could beat Serena Williams?

I got flamed on this very forum for suggesting my high school boys team could beat the women's national team.

Now it seems everyone agrees with me.

Just the stupid people agree with you. I'll keep it short.
  1. Australia is barely a country let alone a legitimate soccer power
  2. Substituting the Australian NT for the USWNT is like substituting the Sixers for the Cavs
  3. Substituting the Newcastle Jets for your high school boys team is like substituting the Cavs for the local YMCA rec-league team
  4. The Australian NT was missing about half their starters and were experimenting with player combinations and positions

But, yeah, I guess you are right because there was a story on the internet.

Your third point is a ridiculously stupid exaggeration. The difference in quality between the Jets U15 side and a quality hs team is nowhere near as vast as between a rec league team and the Cavs.

The team is a u15 development squad for an Australian A League side. It's probably similar in quality to a good U15 club/travel team in the US. And when you consider this is largely kids younger than high schoolers, it's probably equivalent to a quality high school team.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: May 29, 16 16:25
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goobdog wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Good girls teams play with ball control and movement while good boys teams play with speed and aggression....

Nice stereotyping. You obviously haven't seen my local HS team play.

No, I have not spent much time at your high school watching the girls or boys. People go to prison for that.

Of course I was stereotyping and your area does have quality soccer but you're also stereotyping in your statements... It's not always bad to stereotype and I stick by my generalization.

Boys and girls have a different style of play. Do you not agree with that stereotype?

Do you have video links to your high school games? Let's see how good these kids are instead of just telling us how great they are.

Here's a glimpse of one of our team players that competed for 2 seasons against the boys at travel level.

http://socrpro.com:8090/playback/1262

For clarity, I'm not trying to challenge you to "prove" you have good teams, I already know your area has good teams. I truly like watching club soccer / HS soccer because I'm involved in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I made this point years before you ever did on here, so everyone's agreeing with me and not you.
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I got flamed on this very forum for suggesting my high school boys team could beat the women's national team.

2. Substituting the Australian NT for the USWNT is like substituting the Sixers for the Cavs
  3. Substituting the Newcastle Jets for your high school boys team is like substituting the Cavs for the local YMCA rec-league team
  4. The Australian NT was missing about half their starters and were experimenting with player combinations and positions

Your Point # 1 is a bit bloody rude..... and btw, the use of the word bloody, is in and of itself, not rude...
Australia is barely a country.... well we may not be #1 or 2 like the USA and China, but we are by GDP #12 in the world in front of players like Russia, Spain & Mexico
let alone a legitimate soccer power .... OK, again we are not in the top 2 or 3 like USA, Germany or France, but we are in 5th place in the the FIFA Women's ranking, still in front of Japan, Brazil, China and a host of other heavy hitters in the women's football world.
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avago wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Your Point # 1 is a bit bloody rude..... and btw, the use of the word bloody, is in and of itself, not rude...
Australia is barely a country.... well we may not be #1 or 2 like the USA and China, but we are by GDP #12 in the world in front of players like Russia, Spain & Mexico
let alone a legitimate soccer power .... OK, again we are not in the top 2 or 3 like USA, Germany or France, but we are in 5th place in the the FIFA Women's ranking, still in front of Japan, Brazil, China and a host of other heavy hitters in the women's football world.
Just to be clear, that was DJ dissing Oz and its women's soccer team, not me.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Remember that thread awhile back where I said our local high school soccer team would beat the female US National team?.... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Avago wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Just to be clear, that was DJ dissing Oz and its women's soccer team, not me.

Alvin T, I get that it was DJ that was dissing us down here in OZ, and that's ok....we have thick skins but I couldn't let those comments by past without some form of a response...
anyway, the best of luck to all of those going to Rio, and if your female football team representing a country of just on 320 million beats our Matildas, representing all 23 million of us... then yeehah to y'all.
And if you're wondering, the name Matilda comes from Australia's best-known bush ballard Waltzing Matilda which is described as Australia's "unofficial national anthem.
Most representative teams from Australia have long standing names, e.g Rugby = Wallabies, Rugby League = Kangaroos, Soccer ( M ) = Socceroos, Soccer ( M ) = Matildas etc etc

see you in Rio
Quote Reply

Prev Next