Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

females and polar HRM
Quote | Reply

My wife wants a polar HRM for Christmas and I was wondering if I should also get her the polar heart bra. Do you women out there just use the normal polar strap or is the special bra worth it?

Thanks

A
Quote Reply
Re: females and polar HRM [NJbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an early edition polar HR bra, 99 or so. It is no good. I dont like it, its a pain trying to stuff the monitor through the holes in the bra, and the bra itself doesnt fit well. Never wear it. UNless they have changed the design since then, I wouldnt recommend it. Just the normal strap works fine.

Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on her, um, size. From my perspective the Polar bra is not supportive enough for ladies of substance to run in; riding requires less support. If she is an A or even B cup, it would probably be okay. I wear my strap under the band of my RRS sportsbra, the band is the same width as the strap, and it does fine there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Polars new M32 and M61 models. They feature Polar's new "wearlink" soft HR strap. Instead of the normal plastic chest strap Polar has a new design, which is a nice improvement utilizing a nearly all fabric strap with just a small (maybe 1.5" wide) center plastic piece. The strap is fairly light and a lot comfier than the old transmitter design. It's kind of a pain unsnapping the plastic piece at first but you get used to it. Another nice bonus is a replaceble transmitter battery! Plus the watches are actually cute (unlike most Polars). My girlfriend wanted one, but both models don't have lap memory, so if you're lookign to do interval workouts you're stuck with the uglier but more techy S410 or so. On the heart bras, yeah, not that substancial but the newer material they are using is an improvement. Never see women using them and never get any requests where I work. Used to carry them and noone ever bought them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using HRM since about 94. I've never felt the need to get the polar made bra. Has worked just as well without it. I'd wait & let her decide later if see needs it as its more of a fit/fashion comfort thing than any hrm functionality.

Barb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use them because the strap felt uncomfortable on my back. After a while the bra lost it's shape and my heart rate didn't register properly.

I wouldn't recommend them.
Quote Reply