Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting cable installed
Quote | Reply
My local cable provider is here "trying " to install service. So the tech walks through the house so I can show him which rooms. there's only one wall mount so the other rooms will be new. Before starting he asks is he can drill the walls to install it which I say absolutely.
Well 30 mins later he grabs me because he has a problem. He couldn't get through the floor the first time and doesn't want to drill another hole in the floor. WTF you said wall not floor. One of the reasons we bought this old money pit is it has great old hard wood floors. Which now has a hole in it and possible another one coming.
Should I have known I need an electrician to install the cables to run the wires through the walls?
I'm not holding these guys responsible. But I feel like I should've know this is how it's done?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Getting cable installed [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, the cable company will install the cables to where you want them in the easiest and most direct way possible. This includes drilling through walls, floors, and even the outside walls of the house. You see many houses with cables running along the sides and then drilled directly through the outer walls to where the TV is located.

Run them yourself, or hire someone to run them properly. As for whether you should have known, that's a tricky question. When I hire someone to do work for me, I always how things will be done, partly because I'm incredibly curious, and partly because of things like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting cable installed [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm taking blame because of not asking. But the reason I was pissed is he said cut drill walls nothing about floor. I realized after that's why the cable was in the floor in my old house in one room.
Electrician coming next week. Lesson learned.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply