Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered
Quote | Reply
Vickers just can't quit doing his old job...
http://www.bbc.com/...orld-europe-36390617
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did he apologise afterwards?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Vickers makes me proud to.be a Canadian. We need more people like him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DONT FUCK WITH VICKERS!!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vickers had no business interfering with an Irish protester in his own country. This is a bit of a CDN diplomatic embarrassment IMHO. But on the other hand the event being protested was 100 yrs ago so the Irish really need to get over themselves and their relationship with the British, and I say that being part Irish myself (and Welsh/Scottish). WTF, Vickers and the protester should have just gone a drank a Guiness or two together and be happy.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: May 26, 16 18:25
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vickers is just doing what needs to be done.

DON'T FUCK WITH VICKERS!!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trudeau apologizing for elbowing the bar wench is a bigger embarrassment to Canadian diplomacy. I gained alot of respect for Trudeau for taking matters into his own hands, and then lost more respect for him not destroying Mulcair and the wench in typical question period fashion.

On the world stage, would you rather be revered like Putin or reviled like Cameron or whatever weak spined dingbat is running Australia these days?
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
On the world stage, would you rather be revered like Putin or reviled like Cameron or whatever weak spined dingbat is running Australia these days?

Could you provide your justification for describing Turnbull as a weak spined dingbat? Among some considerable achievements, only a few years after completing his Rhodes scholarship at Oxford in Law (with hons) he took on the British government in an "unwinnable" case and humiliated them. I've seen him in court (back in the day). He is formidable.

Even his opponents acknowledge that he is staggeringly smart, and ballsy. Any basis, at all, for your unique view?
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know you're sticking up for someone educated by a bunch of POME's right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
You know you're sticking up for someone educated by a bunch of POME's right?

Is a POME what we call a Pom? At least when he came back he launched the Australian Republican Movement (now headed by a good friend of mine).

I think he is largely self-educated. As an undergrad in Sydney he worked full time as a journalist, with a column in the (then) leading political magazine (paid a friend to take notes in lectures), yet still earned the Rhodes scholarship. While at Oxford he was offered work at the Sunday Times (cut short by the infamous printers strike). He continued a successful journalism career before joining the law, yet was only 31 at the time of the Spycatcher case. He then left law (figuring it wouldn't get to be much more fun than that) and started an investment bank that he sold to Goldman Sachs, becoming a global director. He's also had an impressive career in business. He's been a shrewd investor (turning a $500k investment in Ozemail into $60m, for example). All this before entering politics, and rising to the top job there.

I'm not so much a defender, but I can't help admiring the intellect and determination he has exhibited. That was, at least until I learned here that he is actually a weak-spined dingbat.
Quote Reply
Re: Irish Protester Interrupts Ceremony.. Oh wait, hold on the Canadian Ambassador Has it Covered [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any basis, at all, for your unique view?

Arguments supported by facts?

You must be new here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Vickers had no business interfering with an Irish protester in his own country. This is a bit of a CDN diplomatic embarrassment IMHO. But on the other hand the event being protested was 100 yrs ago so the Irish really need to get over themselves and their relationship with the British, and I say that being part Irish myself (and Welsh/Scottish). WTF, Vickers and the protester should have just gone a drank a Guiness or two together and be happy.

To put it in context: http://news.nationalpost.com/...the-vickers-takedown

I don't have an issue with what he did. The people behind the "protest" do though since he stole the spotlight, and they demand an apology from the Canadian government. Nope. Just remember if we go to war, we've got Vickers on our side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
owen. wrote:

Could you provide your justification for describing Turnbull as a weak spined dingbat? Among some considerable achievements, only a few years after completing his Rhodes scholarship at Oxford in Law (with hons) he took on the British government in an "unwinnable" case and humiliated them. I've seen him in court (back in the day). He is formidable.

Even his opponents acknowledge that he is staggeringly smart, and ballsy. Any basis, at all, for your unique view?

It's also interesting to describe Putin as "revered" on the world stage.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always thought POME was Australian for Product Of Mother England? What would POM mean?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I always thought POME was Australian for Product Of Mother England? What would POM mean?

Nope. Classic false etymology. No Australian, ever, has referred to a Pom as a 'POME'. Must be a Canadian thing.
Pom means English person. Clearly.
It probably comes from rhyming slang for immigrant.
Quote Reply