Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lawrence Summers finally starts catching up with LR knowledge base
Quote | Reply
It's nice to see the WaPo finally catch up to the LR in terms of cutting edge outlook and analysis. =)

Lawrence Summer's Wonkbook article in the WaPo on infrastructure issues...

My thread from a while ago on making Infrastructure reform an election issue...

I will admit that my reforms were written in an over-the-top kind of way. However, I think that was warranted because there will/would be trade offs that shouldn't be lied about. Lawrence's "reforms" sound dangerously close to doing nothing.

Lawrence is a self identified Progressive, but I can see rays of hope for him.
Last edited by: SH: May 26, 16 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: Lawrence Summers finally starts catching up with LR knowledge base [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told the infrastructure was going to be fixed back in 2009. You remember the $1 billion all those shovel ready Jobs?
Quote Reply
Re: Lawrence Summers finally starts catching up with LR knowledge base [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
I was told the infrastructure was going to be fixed back in 2009. You remember the $1 billion all those shovel ready Jobs?

Between Obama and Bush it turned out to be ~$1,000 billion in total stimulus.
Quote Reply
Re: Lawrence Summers finally starts catching up with LR knowledge base [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1 billion

1 Billion...you're funny.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Lawrence Summers finally starts catching up with LR knowledge base [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
$1 billion

1 Billion...you're funny.

~Matt

My Doctor Evil moment. It was a trillion, wasn't it? T or b what's the difference when it's someone else's money your spending.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha. I almost replied with this initially, but I thought the dickhead quotient might be too high.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I remember going into the stock market in late 2008 and many advising to invest in companies that will benefit from all the promised infrastructure. I didn't do it because I thought it would be years, if ever, that those promises would turn into reality. Looks like the same arguments might start again, only 7 years later.

Quote Reply