Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I am not a biblical scholar..
Quote | Reply
...nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

But, most people misunderstand the "immaculate conception". The Immaculate conception refers to the conception of Mary through her mother St. Anne. Jesus was conceived by virginal conception.

Let's think about that:

From Wikipedia:

“The virgin birth of Jesus is the belief that Jesus was conceived in the womb of his mother Mary through the Holy Spirit without the agency of a human father and born while Mary was yet a virgin"

So, Mary was visited by the Holy Spirit ( Matthew tells us ) also known as the Holy Ghost, Ghosts are incorporeal and therefore cannot provide the genetic material required to produce a baby, OR, Mary was visited by the Angel Gabriel ( according to Luke) who said “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.” Both stories imply parthenogenesis.

Parthenogenesis is most simply defined as reproduction without fertilization. More specifically, it occurs when a female gamete develops a new individual without being fertilized by a male gamete. Parthenogenetic offspring are always of an XX chromosomal make up, female.

Therefore Jesus was born a girl who lived life as a transgender man…..

<dons flame retardent suit>
Quote Reply
Re: I am not a biblical scholar.. [pjnow00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Because its a miracle!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets make America great again!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: I am not a biblical scholar.. [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given the verifiable facts we have, both answers have equal merit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the notion of 'immaculate conception' was borrowed from a much older tradition (Vedic) meaning to be born without any 'karmic obligations'. However, since the Catholic church dropped any references to reincarnation / karma the notion of immaculate conception makes no sense of its own . . . not that it necessarily made sense in the Vedic tradition even with reincarnation : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: I am not a biblical scholar.. [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
the notion of 'immaculate conception' was borrowed from a much older tradition (Vedic) meaning to be born without any 'karmic obligations'. However, since the Catholic church dropped any references to reincarnation / karma the notion of immaculate conception makes no sense of its own . . . not that it necessarily made sense in the Vedic tradition even with reincarnation : )

I'm confused by what you are saying. Are you suggesting either (a) that the Catholic Church does not currently profess the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception, or (b) that the Catholic Church at one time professed belief in reincarnation/karma? Or should I read from the :) that I should take all with a grain of salt?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: I am not a biblical scholar.. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty much (b)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is what I was afraid of. You are just way over my head.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:

Duh, obviously Mary had a white elephant with 6 tusks enter her right side.

Even Siddhartha's mother's name was Maya...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or Mary was a skank and she had to explain away the pregnancy somehow. Thus Mary is the biggest con in all of history.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super classy thread.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: I am not a biblical scholar.. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Super classy thread.

At least the thread title is truthful.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply