Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, typing at a stoplight.

I said, some of us have done a lot of things in life. Especially if we have jobs like I have. I can't for the life of me understand how somebody could work 9 to 5 in a factory and go home to drink beer and watch the boob tube.

Public accounting in the Washington DC area exposed me to a lot of stuff and a lot of interesting people. Working as an internal auditor with Marriott, taught me a lot about retail, general business, Sarbanes Oxley and the hotel business. Working as an internal auditor with a quasi gov't entity (utility) taught me a lot about utilities, power transmission and water delivery, and state and local politics. Being the US controller for a multinational exposed me to a lot of things as well. Now I work for a large bank in risk management. By its nature I have to have a lot of knowledge things that involve banking.

During that time I also briefly worked for two startups that went nowhere.

Politics was a hobby and I have been involved in democrat, libertarian and now getting my feet wet in Arizona republican politics. But having been a treasurer for libertarian party of florida, I had to become quite knowledgeable on state and federal election laws. Having an accounting background with such knowledge taught me a lot about how political structuring occurs.

Is it really so hard for you to believe one person could hold so much knowledge or done so much? Everybody who has ever met me at any length of time cannot deny I know what I'm talking about. And while I may be a horrible writer (I am actually good at writing brief and concise technical reports), I am quite a charismatic public speaker. Having filled in for friends who were running for office on several occasions. Somebody started a thread about how there cannot be good without bad. Well there cannot be smart without stupid, there cannot be charismatic without repulsive, there cannot be good looking without ugly, and there cannot be experience without inexperienced. If you find it hard to believe, perhaps you fall in the second category of one or more. I definitely am in the first of all those provided.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't support trump because I think he is morally better. I support trump over her (haven't decided if I'm voting for him yet) because I know Hillary Clinton is anti-second amendment and more of a Neocon than Trump is. Also a lot of trumps scandals are tabloid fodder. I dont' care if he cheated on his wives just like I didn't care that Clinton did. I don't care that he went bankrupt or sold his brand out to the highest bidders. What I do care about is a public official (I refuse to call them servants), who violates clear rules because they don't fit into her plans. To my knowledge, trump has never broken laws? But lets talk about violating the law. The Clintons have a habit of walking the thin line of law. The form over substance/spirit argument. While they may not have broken the law, they played it so thin as to violate the spirit of the law while not violating the letter of the law.

As I explained, I am an accountant and an auditor. We are taught substance over form and words like independence and integrity in both appearance and fact. I don't even think the Clintons bother appearing proper as long as they didn't violate the law. Bill Clinton again had "sex with that woman." I didn't really care, but what always did bother me was the "depends on what you define as a sexual act". Are you kidding me. And this is more of the same. Huma Abedin's arrangement with the state department than Teneo was sleazy. McAuliffe is a big fat heaping burlup bag of sleaze, Sydney Blumenthal was so sleazy the Obama admin said hell no to giving him clearance. Yet democrats support her. Trump for all his flaws (which there are many) ain't got shit on Hillary Clinton.

Eventually people got to say its enough. It is bad enough the bush's and Clintons thought they were entitled to multi administration with different family members, but the Clintons took it to a new low. Bill Clinton was at a place where his legacy was improving. But now... They should have left well enough alone.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Wait I did click that thing. It takes me to a useless link.

http://www.nytimes.com/...on=meter-links-click

Is it being blocked by my company server?

Must be. The document pops up fine for me, right from the link you just posted.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll check it when I get home.

Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
At the end of the day, though, if she skates, this will yet be another nail in the coffin for anyone who thinks that the rule of law applies to everyone equally in this country.

Well it never has. From the days of the Founding Fathers on.
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Haha, typing at a stoplight.

I said, some of us have done a lot of things in life. Especially if we have jobs like I have. I can't for the life of me understand how somebody could work 9 to 5 in a factory and go home to drink beer and watch the boob tube.

Public accounting in the Washington DC area exposed me to a lot of stuff and a lot of interesting people. Working as an internal auditor with Marriott, taught me a lot about retail, general business, Sarbanes Oxley and the hotel business. Working as an internal auditor with a quasi gov't entity (utility) taught me a lot about utilities, power transmission and water delivery, and state and local politics. Being the US controller for a multinational exposed me to a lot of things as well. Now I work for a large bank in risk management. By its nature I have to have a lot of knowledge things that involve banking.

During that time I also briefly worked for two startups that went nowhere.

Politics was a hobby and I have been involved in democrat, libertarian and now getting my feet wet in Arizona republican politics. But having been a treasurer for libertarian party of florida, I had to become quite knowledgeable on state and federal election laws. Having an accounting background with such knowledge taught me a lot about how political structuring occurs.

Is it really so hard for you to believe one person could hold so much knowledge or done so much? Everybody who has ever met me at any length of time cannot deny I know what I'm talking about. And while I may be a horrible writer (I am actually good at writing brief and concise technical reports), I am quite a charismatic public speaker. Having filled in for friends who were running for office on several occasions. Somebody started a thread about how there cannot be good without bad. Well there cannot be smart without stupid, there cannot be charismatic without repulsive, there cannot be good looking without ugly, and there cannot be experience without inexperienced. If you find it hard to believe, perhaps you fall in the second category of one or more. I definitely am in the first of all those provided.

"Or when you switch parties. Those are the lowest of the low." - TheForge

So I'm guessing you only mean politicians when you talk of switching parties. =)

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ment elected officials. And to go even further, only elected officials. Not people who have run and never won.

People like Charlie Crist and Arlen Specter. People I actually thought were decent people at one time.

Lieberman had class by running as an independent when he lost his primary.

Last edited by: TheForge: May 25, 16 20:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
The more I read, the more pissed off I get.

http://www.politico.com/...-state-report-223574

From that article:

"The former secretary of state declined the OIG's request for an interview, while Abedin did not respond, according to the report."

I find it incredible that Abedin was able to "not respond" to the OIG's request for an interview. At least the FBI have interviewed her successfully. That said, from what has come out so far I would be surprised to see criminal charges filed, but hopefully the spotlight on this will at least let the electorate have a better idea what kind of person Clinton is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I have no idea what jobs you have or haven't had, but I'll give you an example of you pulling stuff out of your ass and presenting yourself as an expert based on your vast life experiences. In the thread about Budweiser changing their beer name to America, you posted this:

"Light crisp watered down brew is where its at. When I drank, if I wanted something classy or cool, I would drink a fine scotch or a martini. If I wanted to get loaded or wash down bar food, it would be beer. American beer. Sure, if I went to a local brew pub, I would sample the craft beers, but the whole craft beer movement is overrated.

The craft brew fad with people posting FB pictures of their latest conquest will pass. American macrobrews will always be here. Some may go like the pictures below, but Budweiser is America and will always be. The pictures below perfectly describe American macrobrew and its purpose."

Now, I suppose you consider yourself an expert on beer because you had a drinking problem at some point in your life and drank shitloads of crappy beer to get drunk(congrats on the sobriety, BTW), but your suggestion that craft beer was a passing fad that will pass is nonsense. Consider when these craft breweries were started:

Sam Adams 1984
Sierra Nevada 1979
Stoudt's 1987

All still going strong. I could name others, but I think you get the point. Do you realize that there are lots and lots of people out there who drink craft beer because they like the way it tastes, have been doing so for a long time, and will continue to do so? They (we) don't drink it to be cool or because it's a fad. I've been drinking this type of beer since the late 1990s, so I think I'm a little past the passing fad stage.

Yes, Budweiser will always be there. No doubt about that. There is no shortage of people who like Budweiser, for whatever reason. There is no accounting for taste, or lack thereof.

Anyway, carry on.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teekona wrote:
Dude, I have no idea what jobs you have or haven't had, but I'll give you an example of you pulling stuff out of your ass and presenting yourself as an expert based on your vast life experiences. In the thread about Budweiser changing their beer name to America, you posted this:

"Light crisp watered down brew is where its at. When I drank, if I wanted something classy or cool, I would drink a fine scotch or a martini. If I wanted to get loaded or wash down bar food, it would be beer. American beer. Sure, if I went to a local brew pub, I would sample the craft beers, but the whole craft beer movement is overrated.

The craft brew fad with people posting FB pictures of their latest conquest will pass. American macrobrews will always be here. Some may go like the pictures below, but Budweiser is America and will always be. The pictures below perfectly describe American macrobrew and its purpose."

Now, I suppose you consider yourself an expert on beer because you had a drinking problem at some point in your life and drank shitloads of crappy beer to get drunk(congrats on the sobriety, BTW), but your suggestion that craft beer was a passing fad that will pass is nonsense. Consider when these craft breweries were started:

Sam Adams 1984
Sierra Nevada 1979
Stoudt's 1987

All still going strong. I could name others, but I think you get the point. Do you realize that there are lots and lots of people out there who drink craft beer because they like the way it tastes, have been doing so for a long time, and will continue to do so? They (we) don't drink it to be cool or because it's a fad. I've been drinking this type of beer since the late 1990s, so I think I'm a little past the passing fad stage.

Yes, Budweiser will always be there. No doubt about that. There is no shortage of people who like Budweiser, for whatever reason. There is no accounting for taste, or lack thereof.

Anyway, carry on.

Are you new here?

Theforge is just one of the experts we have on the LR. And, Boston Brewing Company makes Sam Adams. I'm the expert, now. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damnit, there I go exposing myself as a pseudo expert! Right you are about Boston Beer Co. At least I didn't called Sierra Nevada "Pale Ale". :-)

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I find it incredible that Abedin was able to "not respond" to the OIG's request for an interview.

The OIG can't require private citizens to speak, is my understanding. I think that includes former Fed. employees. Which includes both Clinton and Abedin. Though Huma was only a quasi Fed. employee, which may have been by design!

They do have the power to make you look bad if you don't, however.
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There is no accounting for taste, or lack thereof.

That is generally true; however, I am a personal exception to the rule. Thus, I can say that half the beer on the shelves these days sucks.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
There is no accounting for taste, or lack thereof.

That is generally true; however, I am a personal exception to the rule. Thus, I can say that half the beer on the shelves these days sucks.

Yep, and it is usually displayed like this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was being funny with that. How was that not obvious.

Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to agree that Bud light sucks. And it is ridiculously overpriced these days (foreign owners seeing how much they can extract from American's bad taste).

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obvious to you maybe. What that you wrote would lead anyone to believe you were joking? We have all heard the "craft beers suck and Budweiser is the King" routine before.

Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I find it nearly impossible to believe that the people who should have known, didn't know.

For more on this point see this WaPo editorial.

Also WSJ editorial notes that report reveals that she was twice asked to set up segregated systems.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My humor meter can be off.

Look, to me beer was always a drink of the masses. If I'm going to fork
Dough, it will be for wine or liquor. I do feel the craft beer fad is just that, a fad driven by millennials.

Not a day goes by where millennial family membersof mine post pictures of different craft brews they're trying.

When I drank I liked craft beers I just didn't like them much more than bud.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I ment elected officials. And to go even further, only elected officials. Not people who have run and never won.

People like Charlie Crist and Arlen Specter. People I actually thought were decent people at one time.

Lieberman had class by running as an independent when he lost his primary.

I knew what you meant, I was just giving you shit. I agree with you on this by the way. So does this mean I'm not a Hillary supporter now? ;)

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: State Department IG report on Clinton's email server [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just get a little sensitive when I see people downplay or attempt to politicize an audit or oig report.

There is a lot of political consideration that goes into those. And any person hoping to be president should not be attacking. The integrity of an oig. Remember, the oig for any given dept or bureau is appointed by the president. So this guy was appointed by Obama.

If you cannot cooperate with an oig investigation, how can you be expected to run such departments.

Let me define political consideration. Whenever we wrote reports, you have to consider the long term impact on yourself and you office with such reports. An auditor is only as credible as his/her last report. As an auditor in a politically charged quasi gov't entity, the stakes are only higher. These guys are career auditors. Are they dedicated to finding problems and motivated to do so? You bet, but no more than any law enforcement officer wanting to solve a high profile case. I bet a lot of other finding, sleazy or trivial, didn't make it into the report as to avoid the perception of a pile on or political which hunt. I've been there and done that.

If this stuff made it in, a lot of people combed it over, it is following a whole host of standardized audit standards. Prior to this, it was expected that Hillary broke the rules and would wiggle through a loophole. No matter how absurd or thin. But this report is clear. She broke the rules despite being told and wanted about it. This by very definition should disqualify her. Anybody defending this I can only assume is afraid of a trump presidency they cannot be objective on this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also now wondering what the FBI is gojng to turn up. We already know the Clinton team attorneys limited the scope of questioning, but they have law enforcement authority auditors do not have. I would think any FBI investigation would at least be comparable.

I don't see how nobody goes to jail if being held to a normal person standard. Faith in the system demands at least somebody important goes to prison.

Quote Reply

Prev Next