Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Terry McAuliffe shocked at FBI investigation
Quote | Reply
Ok, that would make home the last person who knows anything about him to know about this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...90b612299_story.html

In fact,mguess who predicted problems like this nearly two years ago.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g=mcauliffe#p4963379

That's right, your resident sage of all things political Theforge.

JSA, you really should heed my advice. ;)

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: May 24, 16 18:25
Quote Reply
Re: Terry McAuliffe shocked at FBI investigation [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked, too.

Shocked that he is shocked.
Quote Reply
Re: Terry McAuliffe shocked at FBI investigation [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But is he shocked that it's happening, or shocked that it's happening to him?

My guess is the latter...

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that hard to predict. Ill give you points that they are actually investigating him.

Honest question. If investigated, what percentage of politicians would be able to get through that investigation without any evidence of wrongdoing? To keep it simple, Ill limit it to politicians at the state level and up. My random pull a number out of my rear guess would be around 10%.
Quote Reply
Re: Terry McAuliffe shocked at FBI investigation [nhunter344] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an FBI investigation, those tend to have a higher success rate.

This is also McAuliffe. A man many
Virginia democrats viewed as an outsider. He was not the preferred candidate by the party apparatus. His name among dems isn't well received. But he was a Clinton guy. Clinton himself campaigned for him.

Think of him like Donald trump on a smaller scale. I don't know who the lt gov is. But if he is a dem, nobody will miss him. But by the time anything happens, his usefullbess will have been served.

You have to understand va politics. It is a line of succession state. You rise through he legislative ranks and run for ag or lt gov. Then governor, which is a single term.

He broke that LOS with the help of the clintons. Many dems believe for the sole purpose of helping her. That pissed off some powerful dems. Top that he pushed northeastern red meat policies like guns and felon rights, which are topic more conservative va dems would tmrather not touch.

But from an investigation point, he won't be governor by the time anything happens and unless Clinton is president he won't have much political support. Remember, the last va governor was convicted of corruption.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the big thing here is the Clinton link. You cannot separate him from Clinton. His purpose was to help win that state. Now he is a liability. You don't think trump will drill that down.

Again in my Richard Gere thread. Eventually you hear the same bs enough that it influences you. Media will downplay the Clinton McAuliffe link but trump won't. Va recently has been a state that can go either way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Va recently has been a state that can go either way.

What bathrooms will they legally be allowed to use? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know as I haven't lived in va in 10 years. But think that is a losing issue And Ill timed. But I doubt they have a law like that as he would never sign such.

Quote Reply