Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height
Quote | Reply

I am 5'2 so clearly not the tallest but the most limiting factor in finding a new tri bike (ideally with Ultegra Di2) is the stand over height. So far I was able to find
- Cervelo P3 and P5
- Felt B2
- Cannondale Slice
all come with 650 cc wheels which is fine.
Any bikes I've not found? I looked at some of the sizing charts on this forum, but they don't include the stand over height.

Thanks so much!
Last edited by: Frieda: May 23, 16 11:36
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [Frieda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quintana Roo has an XS that is 650c (Dulce, I think... not sure about the other frames).
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct but only Shimano 105 and no electronic shifters. PR 5 and 6 don't come in XS.
Last edited by: Frieda: May 23, 16 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [Frieda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the Liv/Giant Avow. Top of the range would meet your spec, although I'm not sure if it's small enough. I am 5'3" and ride a Slice with 650's.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It strangely comes with 650 cc in the front and 700 cc in the back. That means carrying a lot of different tubes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frieda wrote:
Thanks. It strangely comes with 650 cc in the front and 700 cc in the back. That means carrying a lot of different tubes.

Typo...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR Lucero
XS 57.2
S 72.8

Cervelo P2 45

The 2014 Felt DA 47

Trek Speed Concept 9.5 s
A lot of the small women's Speed Concepts are near 72
Last edited by: jaretj: May 23, 16 20:06
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Frieda wrote:

Typo...

Actually I do think it was, I think it may actually be true.

Of course you could just carry a 700c tube, they can be stuffed in a 650c.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Most of these are unfortunaty higher than 72 cm - even 5 mm more is too high - and/or don't come with electronic shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The CEEPO Venom has 698mm s/h in size S; the Viper and Katana should be similar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed the part about Di2, my bad

My inseam is just under 27 inches and I have no problem with any of those bikes. Are you significantly smaller than that?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
72 cm which is 27-27.5 inches and for example PR5/6 which measure 73 cm are already too high.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. And they are very pretty!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon bikes with less than 72 cm standover height [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. Wow I didn't realize that. 650 tubes will work in a 700 wheel also, at least, if mountain biking is any guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventum is releasing a 46cm bike later this year with 700c wheels! It will have multiple build options available including Ultegra Di2.

frame size - 46cm
wheels size - 700c
seat tube angle - 75*-79*
head tube angle - 72*
bottom bracket drop - 75
effective top tube 75* seat tube - 488mm
head tube length - 83mm
front center - 565
rear center - 394
stack - 492
reach - 381
stem length - 90mm

Stand over 705mm

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife is 5'2" as well. She's been riding a 48cm Cervelo P3 which fits, but just clears her when standing over it stopped.

She tested the Ventum One 46cm frame today at the Kona Expo and she easily clears that one even with a bento box on top of the hydration bottle. Plus the frame is seriously fast!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply