Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, when I did the SOS in 2001and 2002 there were less than 100 in the race. If you don't get in you will still have time to enter LP70.3

What do you think LP70.3 will cost?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Funny, when I did the SOS in 2001and 2002 there were less than 100 in the race. If you don't get in you will still have time to enter LP70.3

What do you think LP70.3 will cost?

Without even knowing, more than I'm willing to pay. Mdot priced me out of their races a long time ago.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The placid package is $60 more than the Syracuse package. How much was Atlantic City? I remember it being more expensive that others. My guess at least $300 bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the minority here but I like Atlantic City as a location. RD is great, fast and flat course, hotels available, and love the boardwalk run... scenery keeps it interesting and boards are very forgiving on knees ;-) Agree that AC has dumpy areas, but the course doesn't hit these. I wouldn't suggest walking far away from hotels late night, but never felt unsafe doing Tri AC (Oly) the last 4 years.

LP 70.3 is very interesting (as someone not yet ready to tackle LP full). Sept in the area does seem crowded with Toughman (also like to try), IMAC and others.. Might AC might move back to the May date that Delmo had when this was Challenge AC? I wonder if Delmo wanted to move date to Sept or this was only option due to timing of leaving Challenge and rebranding as WTC.

Good luck to all racing in Placid THIS weekend!
Last edited by: DDMike: Jul 22, 16 10:20
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [DDMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DDMike wrote:
Maybe the minority here but I like Atlantic City as a location. RD is great, fast and flat course, hotels available, and love the boardwalk run... scenery keeps it interesting and boards are very forgiving on knees ;-) Agree that AC has dumpy areas, but the course doesn't hit these. I wouldn't suggest walking far away from hotels late night, but never felt unsafe doing Tri AC (Oly) the last 4 years.

LP 70.3 is very interesting (as someone not yet ready to tackle LP full). Sept in the area does seem crowded with Toughman (also like to try), IMAC and others.. Might AC might move back to the May date that Delmo had when this was Challenge AC? I wonder if Delmo wanted to move date to Sept or this was only option due to timing of leaving Challenge and rebranding as WTC.

Good luck to all racing in Placid THIS weekend!

Challenge AC was in last weekend of June,

My gut tells me there will be a full in AC either in 2017 or 2018 possibly in June again.

The only issue is I think it was moved to September to be out of the high season for the Jersey shore. There was a lot of pushback from the AC community.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [eastern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eastern wrote:
[

My gut tells me there will be a full in AC either in 2017 or 2018 possibly in June again.

The only issue is I think it was moved to September to be out of the high season for the Jersey shore. There was a lot of pushback from the AC community.

So why then would your gut tell you the full will be back in June?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in! Totally psyched! Wonder how long reg will be open?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Sean O'Brien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not long, it was sold out by 8pm.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Craig P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone backs out, please let me know. I wanted to meet a buddy out there and conquer this with him, but I missed out on the registration due to a work commitment.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [1drbread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity,, what are the hotels charging per night during the 70.3 race weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Bubblehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were going to rent a house...no idea on hotel rates.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lake Placid [Bubblehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Room rates are astronomical, if not already sold out. I managed to find a house to rent that is 1/2 mile walk from town for $550 for two nights. LP is just ridiculously priced no matter what time of year, but Ironman events the prices skyrocket. Price gouging at its best.

That being said, I'm in! :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next