Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Winning an ironman while never running more than 12m in training [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
kgro wrote:
My main idea was that there is no "secret" that the coach sells you drop by drop with the coaching fees paid. It's more about a systematic approach with the regards to the results and goals. Theoretically it could be done by the athlete himself, if not for the lack of the experience and objectivity for the most of us. Not sure what you have found insulting in this, but if you have some "secrets" to sell - I am listening. Perhaps I can buy some of you and take an easy way to Kona?

But the process and system IS the secret. Jiro Ono can tell you exactly what goes in his recipes, good luck replicating his dishes.

And let's be honest, KGRO, your post was meant to be inflammatory!

Plenty of books written by world class coaches explaining everything. It's not just the recepie, it's the approach and experience - this is where coach is indispensable. Offending anyone was never my intention, but if you are looking to be offended, I guess there isn't much I can do about it.

It's just so happened that I am in F&B and know quite a bit about Tokyo sushi scene - Jiro's "secret" is experience and self promotion. There are better places in Ginza, and with the fewer gaijin.

well I am glad I chose that metaphor and you didn't remotely offend me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next