Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about a p227 tactical?

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's just so damn ridiculous looking.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd skip the 14 rd mag and go with the standard 10.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you mount a red dot?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No.

That's why I want a FNX as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a double action only. I used to carry a shrouded hammer revolver with a 12 lbs pull. Compared to that? Butter. It has a hammer like the p250 but with a 9lbs pull. So like most dao guns the trick is the feel. There is always a point where the hammer/trigger seems to give just before release. The key is through practice to get that programmed and you are good. I just couldn't get comfortable with a striker fired pocket pistol like the nano being ready to go.

I've put 300 rounds of different weight 9mm through it with only two issues that were extended mag related. And unlike most small pocket pistols I actually like shooting it. My wife has actually shown interest in that gun. So if we go out and she likes, guess I'm getting another. It has made me regularly carry again. Easy to conceal in a pocket or iwb holster. Fits in he middle pocket of a bike jersey to, but a little heavier than similar sized guns. I suspect that is why it is easier to shoot.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 227. I love it. But those extended mags really have to be broken in. The first batch of them had a lot of problems. The second batch worked better. The beauty is all accessories like holsters are interchangeable between the 226, 220, and 227.

And like JSA, the extended mags look goofy. I only bought them for when I get back into competitive shooting. My 227 is my new 45 of choice for that. My 320 carry for 9mm comps.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's gotten a lot easier to mount red dots on pistols. But unlike the fnx you have to remove the rear site or mill the slide. So unless you have suppressor sights you can't cowiitness. But if I recall most of these dots have etched glass that can serve as a rear sight is the dots fails.

Sig is releasing a new 330 model this year that I believe has a milled slide. It was at the shot show. Glock has ruled stock pistol class in various leagues followed by the m&p. But sig is already gaining traction and the 320 with the milled slide is trying to get the gamer market.

It took me years to finally get an optic for my rifle. Still not ready for one on my pistol.

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the winner is ...

... FNX 45 Tactical!

It's Tacti-COOL!

Went to Fletcher Arms and handled both. Yep, the FNX is thick, but just a smidge slimmer than the Glock 21. I like the trigger on the FNX and the capacity, along with the ease of installing a red dot. Now I just have to wait for my Ti-RANT to get out of ATF jail.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. What you really should do is buy both.

In fact, the controls on the FNP and the sigs were identical, except the FNP had an ambi slide release. THe FNX has a safety like an H&K.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you find a holster for this freaking thing??? I would prefer a drop leg holster.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ummm, I meant to mention that. Holsters for the FN pistols are few far and between. The suppressor sights make them even fewer far and between. Especially when you are a lefty like me, so that was a big reason I didn't go with one despite handling an FN pistol every time I found myself in a gun store. With that said, I happened to see one when I bought a safariland 6004 at a store the other day for my P227 and 220 combat (same holster)

http://www.safariland.com/...fv3=none&start=1

Last edited by: TheForge: May 25, 16 20:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and because I couldn't find a lefty holster that would work for my 320 threaded with suppressor sights, I bought this after talking to a friend.

http://www.blackhawk.com/...ular-Light-Hols.aspx

Yes, it looks dorky, but it quite durable and adjustable. You can rig it so you can holster a suppressed pistol in it. From what I understand, navy SEALS used a holster like this when they were issued the SOCOM pistol.

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought that Blackhawk. I actually like it.

But, I just found this, custom for the FNX 45 Tactical, so I bought it with the leg rig.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/...jbj6611#.V0ufiGZBGjg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blade tech is popular with them three gunners who use it.

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I missed your question earlier. I was on a cruise and unwilling to pay the ridiculous price for internet access. Anyway, sounds like you made the right choice for the pistol and the Vortex red dot sites are nice. I have the Trijicon equivalent with the larger green triangle aim point since I didn't want to have any trouble finding it when needed. I also have a touch activated laser mounted on the pic rail. Regarding the grip size, I was told it was HUGE as well, but I do not have large hands and it feels fine to me. I'll have to disagree with Forge on this one and I rarely disagree with his firearm related opinions.

Enjoy shooting this badass pistol. 16 Rounds of .45 caliber stopping power....oh yeah.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Blade tech is popular with them three gunners who use it.

I HIGHLY recommend Blade-Tech. The holster with thigh rig is simply fantastic. Customer service is second to none.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/...h=1_4_7#.V2tFVo5BGjg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about the Sig Sauer P220 Combat TB 45 ACP and FNX 45 Tactical [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My gawd you are small!

Quote Reply

Prev Next