Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'02 Tiphoon sizing, any help?
Quote | Reply
Borrowed this pic (and idea) from another Slowtwitch thread, thought I'd see if there are any Tiphoon owners or QR experts who could help...

(8) my height is 6'1" (185.4cm)

(1) inseam is 34.5" (87.6cm)

(7) inseam to top of chest is 24.5" (62.2cm)

(4) hip pivot point to shoulder is 23" (58.4cm)

(2) arm length is 30.5" (77.5cm)

(5) 16" (40.6cm)

(6) 20" (50.8cm)

I realize the only way to get a sure fit is to head to the LBS. I'm just trying to get a "virtual fit" here, if you will....as I'm looking at a 57cm Tiphoon (650c) that's miles away from me. I'd appreciate any Tiphoon owners out there who might be able to comment on their bike size and some approximate measurements (height, inseam and chest probably most importantly). Thanks in advance..

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: '02 Tiphoon sizing, any help? [Avenger9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:BUMP: A 59cm (700c) is also a possibility. Any Tiphoon owners that can help me out? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get your LBS to fit you . I'm not an owner (yet) but I'm 182cm tall but have longer legs & shorter body than you. I'm looking at a 57cm due to top tube length - but will get my LBS to check this. As you have a longer torso than me a 59 may fit better but a 57 would probably work....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My suggestion is to fax it or e-mail your post to QR and see waht they recommend. They should know best.

greg
Quote Reply
Re: '02 Tiphoon sizing, any help? [Greg Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, good thought. I guess I never even considered it because I didn't think QR would give it the time of day :-) Can't hurt to try I suppose, will let you know if I hear back from them.

Andy
Quote Reply