Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Q-Rings incompatible with SRAM etap? [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
52-36!
Quote Reply
Re: Q-Rings incompatible with SRAM etap? [pablofuente] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about electronic shifting systems and Rotor Q-Rings.

I DO KNOW, that with Rotor Q-Rings, 11-speed cassettes (11 - 28), compact cranks, and 34 inner front rings, it starts to get VERY tricky in terms of getting the whole set -up working optimally. Many good mechanics can't do it. Many more will beg-off. But there are a few who REALLY know what they are doing that can get this set up working smoothly.

The challenge is you are asking the whole system to do A LOT over a huge range, and pushing things to their limits.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Q-Rings incompatible with SRAM etap? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea if Q Rings are compatible with the SRAM Red etap crank?
Quote Reply
Re: Q-Rings incompatible with SRAM etap? [pablofuente] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Realize this is an old post, but I do have some advice. I have QRings with a Sram red yaw mechanical, and there are a couple things that you need to have PERFECT in order for this setup to work. I've discovered these couple items through online research after having at least 4 bike mechanics completely fail at fixing the same issue you describe, chain falls into the frame when shifting from small to large ring in front.
1. Set the gap between the bottom of your FD cage and the tallest tooth of your large QRing to exactly 1.5 mm. See Rotor's YouTube video on this for some guidance on where to measure. Rotor says 1.5 to 2mm gap is ok in the video, but set it to 1.5mm.

2. This is CRITICAL: Make sure the outside of the FD cage, when adjusted to the big ring position, is exactly parallel to the QRing. Then set your inner/outer limits accordingly to prevent any chain rub or over travel.

That should drastically improve your shifting. Hope this helps someone.
Last edited by: mesabass1: Dec 17, 17 12:45
Quote Reply

Prev Next