Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NBA playoffs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops. Yeah, forgot about '96.

But still. Their (winningest teams') record in the finals suggest that momentum and timing play a greater role than does talent level, which, along with better luck than worse over the course of a season, largely account for those record seasons. I'd rather be on a playoff-caliber team gelling at just the right time, than a machine that steam rolled their way into the playoffs on cruise control.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NBA playoffs [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then there was the Patriots perfect season which was derailed by the flukiest catch in NFL history. If David Tyree (who?!?) didn't have super glue on his hands and his helmet then the Pats would have won.

Just watched it again... Add to that that Manning might have been called for in the grasp if it were a regular season game resulting in a sack. All in all it was a play that could never be repeated.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 1, 16 3:10
Quote Reply
Re: NBA playoffs [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
GSW in 6.

GSW in 7.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA playoffs [re-fresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great run by the Raptors. A franchise high water mark, both in terms of the regular season and how well they did in the play-offs.

In the end the Cavs had the better of them. That was clear. With Lebron, Love and Irving all going full bore, they are a VERY hard team to beat.

To be honest the Hot/Cold play of Lowry and Derozan was frustrating. Totally on one game and almost completely switched off the next. It's unexplainable. Had both of them been "ON" more in the first two series, maybe those series don't go to 7-games and the cumulative fatigue settle in. Perhaps they are then pushing the Cavs to a 7th game, and right to the edge?

As it was, as noted to come within 2 wins of the finals is pretty amazing. I hope whatever changes take place over the summer, that they are able to have a contender back on the court for the 2016/17 season.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: NBA playoffs [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Too bad Curry and Thompson average around 65-70% of the teams points or that theory might work.

Thought this might be an appropriate time to post this for posterity ;).
Last edited by: oldandslow: Jun 2, 16 23:07
Quote Reply
Re: NBA playoffs [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Too bad Curry and Thompson average around 65-70% of the teams points or that theory might work.

Thought this might be an appropriate time to post this for posterity ;).

BUMP!
Quote Reply
Re: NBA playoffs [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see game 1, but wow, what a blow out last night!

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply

Prev Next