Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [BrandonZelfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [BrandonZelfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
I wish I could make that race. I hope it does well, because I would love to try it someday. I want to give a plug to that area. I grew up near there, and if anyone is looking for a race that you can turn into a family location, there is a ton of stuff to do. Spearfish canyon is beautiful, Custer state park has great wildlife, and Crazy Horse monument makes Mt Rushmore look like a sandcastle. Also, just a short trip across the state line is Devil's Tower. It is a very underrated region that is definitely worth the visit.

I just got back from that area yesterday (after doing the DMTM 26.2)

Comparing Rushmore to Crazy Horse? My advise, don't waster your time/money on CH. Looking at it from the road is just as good as looking at it from the parking lot 2.5 miles away. and you don't have to spend $25 to do it. What they don't tell you at CH, is that after you buy your tickets, you have to but more tickets inside that gets you to within 1 mile of the carving. of course, then you can pay $125 per person to get even closer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [C Senor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I just got back from that area yesterday (after doing the DMTM 26.2)

Comparing Rushmore to Crazy Horse? My advise, don't waster your time/money on CH. Looking at it from the road is just as good as looking at it from the parking lot 2.5 miles away. and you don't have to spend $25 to do it. What they don't tell you at CH, is that after you buy your tickets, you have to but more tickets inside that gets you to within 1 mile of the carving. of course, then you can pay $125 per person to get even closer.[/quote]

DMTM is a great race! I did the half. I had no idea how expensive Crazy Horse was. Seriously 25$? You can sign up for the crazy horse half/full marathon in october and you get to run right by the base of it!. But yea its the same with mount Rushmore, you can view it from the road! Im in shock that thats what it costs!.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. This is going to be an epic race. Small field with lots of climbing and beautiful scenery.

So if we have to stop for the herd of Buffalo that are probably going to be in the middle of the road do we get our times adjusted?
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race sounds interesting until I read the rant the director posted about volunteers not showing, being in the hole, not having a boat, etc..

Sounds like a shitty local race in his own words and sounds like a disgruntled race director.

Better response would be: "yes we had some problems in previous years but we've learned and adapted. This year's race should be the best."
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Race sounds interesting until I read the rant the director posted about volunteers not showing, being in the hole, not having a boat, etc..

Sounds like a shitty local race in his own words and sounds like a disgruntled race director.

Better response would be: "yes we had some problems in previous years but we've learned and adapted. This year's race should be the best."

When someone starts trash talking a race that wasn't even there to see it for themselves. Yes i will say something. I even offered him a free entry to this years race so he could experience it first hand, and guess what, he hasn't said anything since, so obviously its not as bad as he makes it sound.
Also if you have any questions about the race please ask me because im not about to go and deny what happened with it but i can assure you its not what he says it was.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildlife Loop Triathlon--$3,000 in Prize money--Half Distance---Black Hills South Dakota [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
I'm in. This is going to be an epic race. Small field with lots of climbing and beautiful scenery.

So if we have to stop for the herd of Buffalo that are probably going to be in the middle of the road do we get our times adjusted?

Hey Chris, looking forward to meeting with ya and watching you race!
As for the buffalo, so far the park has done a great job of keeping them away from riders the day of the race so you shouldn't be stopped on the bike. If it does happen he shouldnt affect your time to much lol.
Quote Reply

Prev Next