Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Latex tube with removable valve core?
Quote | Reply
Do these exist? It seems like Michelin and Vittoria have a fixed valve core. What latex tubes are you guys using to run on deepdish 90m type wheels?

Can you post a link to any such tubes that you know of?
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure "removable valve stem" is the same thing, right?

I've used these with extenders where you move the valve up to the top of the extender

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/vittoria-latex-tube?skid=VIT0065-ONECOL-S700X1924&CMP_SKU=VIT0065&MER=0406&COUP=GIRO99&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc014&mv_pc=r101&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&CSPID=0914&mr:trackingCode=4852FC16-E0ED-E511-80FA-0050569475F3&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla_with_promotiononline&mr:ad=81822233821&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:tid=pla-112886829661&mr:ploc=9004089&mr:iloc=&mr:store=&mr:filter=112886829661&gclid=CNr0o-DZxcwCFQkfhgod78YLLQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vittoria latex tubes have removable cores.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.amazon.com/Vittoria-19-24-Latex-Road-Tube/dp/B00ERPYN0C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Also get some valve extenders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager XXX latex. They're green.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using Vittorias and they've removable valve cores.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any latex tubes with a long enough stem to run in a 60mm rim without an extender?
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
Are there any latex tubes with a long enough stem to run in a 60mm rim without an extender?

I realize that it is a bit more of a fuss, but the extender is usually a half the weight of the actual stem, I prefer shorter valves with extenders as it usually save 5-10 grams + the wheel is more balanced as well. Not sure why the picture is off but I try to get these Vredstein with the 36mm valve. They are hard to come by but they are super lightweight as well, usually about 55grams.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: May 7, 16 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be willing to add a bit of weight to have a longer stem and not deal with an extender. I had a bad seal in my last race and my PSI was down to about 50 when I picked up my bike after the race. I was riding a 404 in front and with butyl I could find a stem which didn't require an extender.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
I'd be willing to add a bit of weight to have a longer stem and not deal with an extender. I had a bad seal in my last race and my PSI was down to about 50 when I picked up my bike after the race. I was riding a 404 in front and with butyl I could find a stem which didn't require an extender.

Another good reason to add a bit of sealant to tubes IMO. Seals up that stuff.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:

^^^ this. Been using these for 3 years. I order whatever extended I need for the wheel depth needed.

FYI - Continental makes butyl tubes with removable cores you can use for your spare tube and add extenders long enough for your deepest wheel.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:

Do you use the type of valve extender where you have to use teflon tape and the core is not transferable "out" of the rim? If yes, as it sounds with your issue, I'd strongly recommend switching to the other type of extender, which moves your core outward of the rim. Never had a "sealing" issue, ever.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are all of these Vittoria latex the same? On sites other than the Amazon link Im seeing no info abou removable cores and/or answers to the same question saying they are not removable.

I cant find any local and prefer to order from Wiggle, PBK, etc. I havent heard back from customer service from anyone or from the manufacturers brand themselves.

GAUG3 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Vittoria-19-24-Latex-Road-Tube/dp/B00ERPYN0C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Also get some valve extenders.

Ai_1 wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my Vittoria latex tubes from Artscyclery.com, they have them for like 8.xx a tube and they have a removable core
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best deal on these by far is PBK. When you order them in the right quantities they are $6 each

http://www.probikekit.com/...0-pack/11124901.html

The description doesn't say RVCs but they are
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been reluctant to give latex tubes a try, but some of you guys have convinced me to at least see what all the fuss is about. :-)

Put in Vittoria 48 stem with Continental extenders and new GP 4000s II last night for my training ride today. I was a little concerned after reading some of those posts about losing pressure during a long ride, but I checked this morning and the tires still feel like they are holding a lot of pressure. I bought Stan's sealant, but did not add because posts elsewhere said that Stan's could ruin a latex tube and thought I would give it try first without sealant.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run stan's - well the bontrager sealant because it tested better - in my latex tubes. If you only put the latex tubes on for races and then deflate and remove them between races the sealant tends to make the deflated tube stick together in places. I've actually put some air in one not in a tire to see if I could get it to unstick and it sort of resembled a balloon animal when the air went it - probably a recipe for a blowout. Now I just put new tubes (with sealant) in for races and leave them afterwards until road debris etc. takes them or until I buy new ones for a big race. I find I retire quite a few as they last way longer than butyl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. That is why I went with Amazon because the description says removable cores.
Quote Reply
Re: Latex tube with removable valve core? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first ride with latex went well. I wasn't out for any sort of performance test, but I did note that pre-ride I used 100 psi and over the course of 100 miles the pressure was down to 90 psi at the end of the ride for both tubes. That was without sealant. I okay with that.
Quote Reply