Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Back to back to back long days
Quote | Reply
Hey ST,

Gearing up for IMCDA and have had the ability to break up long run from bike on a Wednesday/Saturday split previously. i like this and it has seem to keep me fresher.

Life/work has made that unrealistic so likely going to have to stack up volume on the weekend. I actually did this many years ago for my first couple IM's, but I am a little older and less resilient and wanted to see what others are doing when forced, or choose, to do back to back long days (Sat/Sun)...e.g. anybody flipping mode schedule every other weekend? Rest day Friday?.....

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Back to back to back long days [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long run Sat am; long ride Sun am. I figure that the ride is less quality with tired legs, but switching it the other way would lower the quality of the run and raise the likelihood of injury. My favourite session was 60 mins warm up, 5k at parkrun, 30 mins IM pace run home BTW.

NB: I haven't done a long run / ride weekend combo for a few years as my IM long run sessions have rarely gone above 1.5 hours so I can fit them in on a Thurs night (it was getting difficult to get in two 6am wake ups in a weekend, and I really don't want to go out on school night for more than 1.5hrs - I do it for enjoyment, and I wasn't enjoying the demands, and am happy with the trade off of less hours training and a tougher resulting race day)

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply