Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Considering a new tri bike
Quote | Reply
Felt IA FRD??
Trek Speed Concept. (9 series)?
Specialized Shiv?
Argon or Canyon?

Dura ace or Ultegra Di2 or Sram Red etap??

Feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [Drummon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which of those bike fits you well?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd wait for the new Cervelo and Specialized bikes coming out if you want to. Cervelo should be announcing again in August. Specialized is a rumor right now.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: May 5, 16 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have been on a speed concept for 5 years. Trek fits me well as does a shiv. Haven't checked out the felt, argon or canyon as of yet
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drawn to specialized a lot. Local bike shop that takes great care of me sells specialized. I haven't been on a Cervalo p5 yet but folks I know who have them love them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd recommend you seek out a good fitter and get a good fit on a fit bike.

However, if you're insistent on reproducing your current position (which may already be very good, but in my experience few riders show up with a good fit, unfortunately), check out the bikes that have a similar armpad geometry. I don't think a test ride experience and what "felt" like a good fit is very useful. The math is more valuable.

Then, from that last, I'd solicit opinions. I think that's probably the most constructive way to get actionable feedback.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drummon wrote:
Have been on a speed concept for 5 years. Trek fits me well as does a shiv. Haven't checked out the felt, argon or canyon as of yet

I'm in the same boat. I've pretty much decided to at least wait to see what Cervelo is coming out with. It's not as though the current offerings are really any better than the 2011 SC9!
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As much as I love my Cervelo P2, I'm really curious as to what Specialized creates with their Win Tunnel.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cannondale is also rumored to be working on something new.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Which of those bike fits you well?

This.

Those bikes have different geometries. Find your stack and reach numbers, which will narrow the choice of frames, then make your pick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a professional fit on the retul system when I purchased the speed concept I have now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drummon wrote:
I had a professional fit on the retul system when I purchased the speed concept I have now
Then find the bikes with a similar armpad geometry and eliminate the rest.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
Cannondale is also rumored to be working on something new.

I would guess that it will not be revealed until well after Kona this year. I doubt tri-rig would sponsor Andy Potts if he was not going to ride tri-rig brakes at Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
I'd recommend you seek out a good fitter and get a good fit on a fit bike.

This

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm personally leaning toward the Argon. Actually I'm getting the Argon Nitrogen. But was looking at the e-117. Looks like a great bike. BUt take this advice from someone that hasn't ever ridden a tri bike very lightly
Quote Reply
Re: Considering a new tri bike [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I'd wait for the new Cervelo and Specialized bikes coming out if you want to. Cervelo should be announcing again in August. Specialized is a rumor right now.

My LBS have been saying we may see a Shiv update this year because of overall low inventory and un-orderable sizes. They're telling me bike buyers may know something by Aug. I hope something leaks sooner so I can know what all the options are.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply