Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trump to the Rescue
Quote | Reply
Russia doing "fly-bys" 30-ft from our Navy, China not "allowing" the US into Hong Kong per the previous agreement plus making territorial claims and building islands to reinforce the claims, Iran threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz... and on, and on, and on.

Meanwhile, Obama fights for LGBT rights to using the bathroom of their choice.

Trump already has Pakistan flustered about releasing the doctor that helped the USA capture Bin Laden, pressured Ford to keep production in the USA (though I'm not a fan of this tactic), and China is sitting back wondering what is going to happen to their sweetheart trade deal that blocks our imports and steals our key technology through "joint ventures".

The world already knows the value of Obama's "red line" but has no idea what it means when Trump draws a red line. This clears the negotiating table for Trump to fix what Obama has clearly broken.

Trump was never my choice before but he is now and he can't take office soon enough.

**Just curious: if you're born as a male but self identify as a pussy... then which bathroom will Obama use?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and Trump has been fighting herpes valiantly for decades
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets make America great again!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why was he not your choice before and what has changed since then?

Goobdog wrote:

Trump was never my choice before but he is now and he can't take office soon enough.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the way the trump train works man. Resistance is futile. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can get over that painful grief.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea. The unexpected is most people's greatest fear.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in Minnesota when Jesse Ventura was elected Governor. There are similarities between his campaign and Trump's and guess what, MN didn't implode when Jesse was at the helm. I'm not sure it got better either but one thing for sure is that Jesse didn't deliver most of what he promised - which could be said for all politicians.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Bush was the worst president to date. His foreign policy was a disaster. His domestic policy non-existent except in the expansion of the war on terror into our domestic policy. Defined by a horrible neocon foreign policy that we are still suffering the consequences of. When Obama was elected, I thought he couldn't be worse knowing he was ideologue in direct conflict with my views, he ran on things that seemed like he would reverse some of the liberty losses under Bush. He doubled down on it, because a good gov't apologist that royally screwed up our lives more.

While Hillary might not be as bad as those two, it is certainly an extension. Trump is a wild card. I don't see how he can be any worse (I was wrong on this), but willing to take the chance that he smashes the status quo like a wrecking ball that is really needed.

Heck, if he doesn't involve us in another conflict , fires a bunch of bureaucrats and prosecutes Hillary (or any grossly incompetent aide), that would be a plus if he does nothing else.

I'd be really happy if he draws down our military expenditures abroad, whether it be getting more financial support from others or simply pulling out.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I don't see how he can be any worse (I was wrong on this),

You have absolutely zero imagination.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

I don't see how he can be any worse (I was wrong on this),

You have absolutely zero imagination.

I agree that things can get worse. I doubt that Trump will make them worse... or better. It's hard for Presidents to have a huge impact. They need to start long wars or restructure over 15% of the economy.
I don't think that Trump will do either of those things. The best that could come out of a Trump Presidency is a revaluation of all values -- he'll look at all current domestic and international commitments and determine whether they need to provide more benefit to Americans.
His stance on immigration may give him the ability to strike a grand bargain which has been long overdue anyway. I think his stance on immigration may help more Americans feel better about any bargain there, but I doubt it will really change people's economic prospects -- US or foreign.

That all being said, it's hard to see how he can win. He's got too many powerful interest groups against him. He's got both party elites going against him. He's got Wall Street against him. He's got the tech companies against him. He's got the corporate controlled media against him. His numbers for hispanics and blacks are terrible. The anti-Trump hysteria has probably not even begun. By the time we're in September Adolf Hitler will have been a blessing upon the earth compared to what a Trump Presidency will be predicted to entail. Hillary could be a corpse by the time of the election, and it wouldn't matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump to the Rescue [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
That all being said, it's hard to see how he can win. He's got too many powerful interest groups against him. He's got both party elites going against him. He's got Wall Street against him. He's got the tech companies against him. He's got the corporate controlled media against him. His numbers for hispanics and blacks are terrible. The anti-Trump hysteria has probably not even begun. By the time we're in September Adolf Hitler will have been a blessing upon the earth compared to what a Trump Presidency will be predicted to entail. Hillary could be a corpse by the time of the election, and it wouldn't matter.

That's precisely why he might win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

You do realize that in order for their to be a fight, some one from some party has to also be fighting on this.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Russia doing "fly-bys" 30-ft from our Navy,

What would Trump "negotiate" with the Russians? Would you trust Putin to honour any agreements?

China not "allowing" the US into Hong Kong per the previous agreement plus making territorial claims and building islands to reinforce the claims,

What would Trump to do "negotiate" with China to stay away from the Spratley Islands?

Iran threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz... and on, and on, and on.

They have been doing that since the 1980's. In fact, there have been far more serious incidents in the Strait going back to 1988 yet even with Reagan as President, the threats and attacks continued to today. So what would Trump do that Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama could not do?

I don't think he spends all his time on this issue.

Trump already has Pakistan flustered about releasing the doctor that helped the USA capture Bin Laden,

Do you really believe Pakistan is flustered because of something a non-office holder in the U.S says?

pressured Ford to keep production in the USA (though I'm not a fan of this tactic),

Do you really believe Ford is going to change their business plans because of something a non-office holder says?

and China is sitting back wondering what is going to happen to their sweetheart trade deal that blocks our imports and steals our key technology through "joint ventures".

Are you sure?

The world already knows the value of Obama's "red line" but has no idea what it means when Trump draws a red line.

It's pretty easy to draw a red line when you have no authority to enforce it or do anything about it if someone crosses the line. In fact, I have a red line for ISIS. Even they cross that line, they will pay a big price. There, ISIS problem is now solved.

This clears the negotiating table for Trump to fix what Obama has clearly broken.

Yes, clear sailing ahead. Trump will be able to do what no other President in history has done, through negotiation. After all, it's not easy building so many hotels and only declaring bankruptcy 4 times. That takes some strong negotiating.
Quote Reply