Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jury Duty Call on Friday Poison Ivy: Advice?
Quote | Reply
So I recall a post, "how do I get out of jury duty post a couple of months ago," and was struck by some of the responses that it is an obligation or if you were innocent and on trial, would you want a jury of your peers or the elderly with nothing better to do on the jury. Therefore, when I received my notification, I never had any attention on trying to get out of it. I even saw the other post about someone complaining how unfair it is for their employer to make them keep up with their work despite jury duty and am on or a head of schedule on all my projects.

My problem is that I've developed a severe reaction to poison ivy say 20% of my body this week and its way too late to ask for a medical or otherwise solution. I plan to show up calamine lotion in hand, explain my situation (which is obvious if I wear short sleeves) and I'm willing to serve but may ask for breaks to treat the itching if it gets severe. I hope to see my physician today which I initially put off thinking it wouldn't spread and get better versus worse over the past several days.
Quote Reply
Re: Jury Duty Call on Friday Poison Ivy: Advice? [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prednisone.
Quote Reply
Re: Jury Duty Call on Friday Poison Ivy: Advice? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Prednisone.

My wife has very sever reactions to poison ivy, it will just keep spreading no matter where she touched it., her doctor gave her prednisone cream that works wonders. Of course my hat size has grown massively since I started sneaking it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Novel and aggressive way to get out I applaud you
Quote Reply
Re: Jury Duty Call on Friday Poison Ivy: Advice? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
wimsey wrote:
Prednisone.

My wife has very sever reactions to poison ivy, it will just keep spreading no matter where she touched it., her doctor gave her prednisone cream that works wonders. Of course my hat size has grown massively since I started sneaking it.

I react pretty strongly to it as well. I got into a patch of it the day before my wedding. It wasn't too bad on my wedding day, but by 36 hours after I was a complete mess, weeping rashes on both legs and one arm, some around my eye, eventually it went systemic. It was fucking miserable. The only thing that got it under control was a course of oral prednisone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I plan to show up calamine lotion in hand, explain my situation (which is obvious if I wear short sleeves) and I'm willing to serve but may ask for breaks to treat the itching if it gets severe.

I predict you will get dismissed very quickly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call the court. There's got to be a phone number somewhere on the court's website for jury services. At the very least there's got to be an option to postpone the service.

Read the summons closely: here in San Diego County, a jury summons states a specific date for your attendance but you have the option of showing up at any time during the two weeks before or after the specified date. (At least that's how it used to be). If you have the option of showing up later, maybe take advantage of that grace period.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fall asleep during jury selection. Dismissed immediately.

Smile and wave at one of the lawyers like you know them. Dismissed.

You are welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had issues with poison ivy before, and I seem to be more sensitive than average. I go to my doctor and get some type of steroid shot and within a few hours I feel a million times better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like others have said, prednisone and a healthy dose of cotisteroidal cream seem to clear things up quickest. I get breakouts at least 3-4 times a year around where I live. It's bad enough that we might move this summer.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Jury Duty Call on Friday Poison Ivy: Advice? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jury Duty...I was summoned for a big rape case. Standing in front of 300 people in an auditorium I was asked what I thought . I told the lawyers conducting the questioning ,” if that guy ever did that to my daughters I would find him and kill him”...they excused me immediately and told me I could leave. I meant it.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poison ivy get out of JD = Fail

Miserable in back of the room waiting to see judge but at least we were told to expect to be here late
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just call up the court/jury duty clerk, explain your situation, and ask to reschedule?
Quote Reply
Re: Jury Duty Call on Friday Poison Ivy: Advice? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Why not just call up the court/jury duty clerk, explain your situation, and ask to reschedule?

Make sure your rash is fully exposed and don't be afraid to stand super close while asking?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say you're related to law enforcement
Quote Reply