Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Neil Young and Paul McCartney, no way [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Jack Johnson open up for Ben Harper in a fairly small (~1600 seat) theatre several years ago, before he even had an EP out and before anyone really knew who he was. He ripped the place apart. I've been to several hundred concerts and never have seen an opening act ignite the crowd as he did, far overshadowing the main act. It really was impressive. His music is pretty redundant to me now, but I'm sure he still puts on a fantastic live show.

sto wrote:
Farm Aid, you get Jack Johnson and Neil on the same bill for a fraction of the price and none of the $900 RV camping BS.
Quote Reply
Re: Neil Young and Paul McCartney, no way [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard a commercial for this on NYC radio yesterday. Bob and the Rolling Stones, Friday. Neil Young and Paul McCartney on Saturday. Roger Waters and The Who, Sunday.

So who open for who? I see it like this:

Bob (I love Dylan. It seems like I have been listening to him my whole life. The last time I saw him, he was so good I was shocked. He opened for the Dead at Giant's Stadium, just before Garcia died, with a really cool band that played like the Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid album. But that was almost twenty years ago. I don't think Bob has much left. It would be sad to see him be terrible)...so Bob Dylan opens for the Rolling Stones and they blow the roof off the place like they always dol

Neil Young opens for Paul McCartney only because Paul is Sir Paul and was once in The Beatles. Halfway through McCartney's set most of Young's fans need a Geritol fix and head for the parking lot.

Roger Waters is so dam great that everyone forgets how bad The Who was. They keep calling him back for song after song until they just can't clap any more.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Neil Young and Paul McCartney, no way [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
No interest in Dylan or the others, Heresy I know. And certainly no interest seeing them in a huge dirt field with a buncha stoned out hippies!

I've always said this about Dylan: I love Dylan...when other people sing the songs Dylan wrote.
\

I saw Dylan a couple years ago when he played a concert with Wilco, Ryan Bingham, and My Morning Jacket.

Dylan was terrible, and I never had your beef with him doing his own stuff. He's just terrible in a large venue. Too old, and clearly didn't give a shit. The highlight of his act was when Jeff Tweedy, Bingham, and Jackson Browne came out to sing The Weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Neil Young and Paul McCartney, no way [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack is definitely my favorite new artist since around 2000. I also saw him with Ben Harper back in like 2004? First time I saw him, but had all his music, already a huge fan. I've seen him about 10 times since, going as far as Denver to see him co-headline with DMB at this incredible 2-day festival call "Mile High", which unfortunately is no longer around.

Waiting for him to resurrect his Kokua Festival in Hawaii.

This summer my concert line up is:

1. July- The Dead with Mayer at the Gorge in WA, because John Mayer is AN INSANE MUSICIAN. I haven't seen the Dead play since 1995, and I used to be kinda a huge Deadhead, but when Jerry died, it was just not the Dead anymore for me. And then Mayer came last fall, and oh hell YES, Mayer fucking rips.
2. Aug - Huckleberry Jam, Cascade ID, with Franti.
2. Farm-Aid, wherever it is still not announced. DMB, Neil, Willie (last year Jack played with them, praying for that to happen)
3. Jack, Somewhere, someplace if not FarmAid, I'm going. Last show in Bend, OR 2 summers ago. Need a Jack fix. He's got one show scheduled in CA in the fall.
Quote Reply

Prev Next